[Cabs] Introduction

Nijat Worley nijat1989 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:34:03 UTC 2009

Greetings Bekah,
   It is very nice to see that you have decided to join our list. I am
Nijat Worley. I have been busy, and I am sorry for not writing
earlier. I am so glad that you introduced yourself to us. We like
having new members on the list. Lately we have not been having any
interesting descussions on the list, but we will plan to do some
blindness descussions that are usually very interesting.
   Bekah! What part of Colorado are you from? Do you like high school?
Do you use a cane, or do you see enough to walk without it? What is
your favorite subject? Do you have lot of friends in school? Do you
like hanging out with them, and going to the movies, going to sports
games, or just going for coffee with them?
   You mentioned that you like writing, are you part of any clubs in
your school, like the writing club? If you want to do more writing,
and learn more about it, there is a writers division in the National
Federation of the Blind that you can become a part of. They have an
e-mail list, and you can join it at the same place where you joined
this list. If you need help finding it, let me know and I will be glad
to send you the link.
   That is great that you are doing lot of excersises and learning
karate. Do you know the other blind girl that is in your karate class?
Maybe you should try to get in touch with her and become friends with
her. Maybe she does not know about the National federation of the
Blind, and this list. You can be friends and become members of your
local chapter. When you tell us where you are from, we can see if you
have a NFB chapter near you so that you can go to their meetings.
   Bekah, do you intend to go to college? I know it is a little early
for you to think about it right now, but have you thought of what you
want to study in college? What university do you want to attend if you
do go to college? NFB is a great resource if you want to learn about
college and talk to the students about the colleges that they attend.
NFB will also be a great resource for you when you start applying for
scholarships for college. We have a national scholarship, and a state
scholarship program. Every year we give away thirty national
scholarships and about five state scholarships. Deffinitly keep us in
mind when applying for scholarships. Once again, welcome to the list,
and please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. We like
having great philosophical descussions, and you may jump in any time
you want. Hope to hear from you soon.
   Yours
   Nijat