[Cabs] All about CABS

Marty Rahn marty.rahn at juno.com
Thu May 21 04:51:32 UTC 2009

Hello lisa,

My name is Marty Rahn, and I am the current CABS President.  i'd first like
to welcome you to the list.  Secondly, I'd like to answer your question.

The Colorado Association of Blind Students, (CABS), is a devision of the
National Federation of the Blind of Colorado, as well as of the National
Association of Blind Students, (NABS).  Our main purpose is to be a group in
which blind students from all across our state can network with others and
discuss issues they may be dealing with as blind students.  We also are in
the process of beginning a mentor program for students.  We provide
information and resources on where to obtain adaptive equipment such as
canes or recorded textbooks for school to name a few.  We also put on
seminars in order to reach out to and share our collective body of knowledge
with others.  In short, our organization is a group for blind students run
by blind students.  I hope this answers your question.  If not, please feel
free to get in touch with me at
marty.rahn at juno.com.  I can also be reached via phone at
(970) 353-5067.

Cordially,
marty Rahn
President, Colorado Association of Blind Students,
Vice president, National Federation of The Blind of Colorado (greeley
Chapter)