[Cabs] meeting reschedule announcement

Esha Mehta esha.mehta at colorado.edu
Mon Apr 9 15:35:29 UTC 2012

Amelia, you make a very good point. I know some of these
non-traditional blind students and they are quite busy with their
families and lives. You also make a very good point about our kids not
meshing well with the CABS seminar. They are very young and too young
to be talking about high school or college. If we wanted to just have
them have lunch with us, that would be okay I believe; however, I
don't think it would be beneficial to have them sit through a seminar
or a talk.

It's already April 9th and I believe the best plan is to postpone the
seminar to October. This way, we can let the non-traditional students
know well in advanced which might help them organize things so that
they may  have a better chance of coming. We also need to change
things up a bit I think. If we are mostly expecting the usual group to
attend, then we should really make an effort to find ways we all can
find it useful as students too.