[Cabs] Colorado Association of Blind Students Call Report

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 04:04:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,
Thanks to everyone who participated on our first-ever Colorado
Association of Blind Students discussion call last Sunday! A brief
report on the call:
-- We had six students in attendance from Boulder, Greeley and Pueblo.
-- Topics we discussed included the following:
-- Tecniques for finding one's classes, learning one's way around campus
-- Getting involved on campus, student life
-- Strategies for finding friends in a large class
-- Navigating dining halls.
-- Meeting new people.
-- Upcoming NFB events.

We discussed some topics for future calls including:
-- A presentation from an Apple employee about accessibility in I-devices.
-- Travel techniques (getting around using public transport, flying etc.)

If others have ideas for call topics, or if I missed anything from
this call, please reply and join the discussion!
We look forward to talking with you on our next call!
Best,
Arielle Silverman
Secretary, Colorado Association of Blind Students