[Cabs] NFBCO State Convention REGISTER ONLINE NOW!!!

Jessica Beecham jbeecham at cocenter.org
Tue Sep 3 22:32:47 UTC 2013

Hello Friends
We are excited to announce the 59th Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado.  Our convention will take place at the Colorado Springs Marriott Hotel on October 17-20.

THE NFBCO CONVENTION HOTEL:  Our 2013 convention will be held at the Colorado Springs Marriott.  Nestled in the foothills of Pikes Peak Mountain this hotel offers convention attendees a breath of fresh air.  The Marriott is located at 5580 Tech Center Dr.  CO Springs, CO

Hotel Room Rates:  The NFBCO room rate is $85 a night.  There is no limit on room occupancy.  Reservations MUST be made by September 10.
To reserve your room by phone call:  1-800-932-2151.  Mention that you are with the 59th annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado to reserve our group rate.

To Reserve your room online, use the following link:     http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cosmc?groupCode=nfbnfba&app=resvlink&fromDate=10/17/13&toDate=10/21/13&stop_mobi=yes
By using the above link, the promotional code is entered automatically.

Pre-registration fees:  BEFORE October 3
$15 registration
$15 Friday luncheon
$15 Saturday luncheon
$30 Saturday banquet
Total:  $75.00

Registration fees AFTER October 3
$20 registration
$20 Friday luncheon
$20 Saturday luncheon
$40 Saturday banquet
Total:  100.00 (Save $25.00 and pre-register!)

Registration is available by visiting www.nfbco.org<http://www.nfbco.org> and going to the Registration for NFBCO State Convention link.

NFBCO 59TH ANNUAL CONVENTION
PROGRAM SUMMARY
 Thursday Afternoon:  Thursday afternoon will feature advocacy skills and self defense training for blind youth of high school and college age.
Thursday Evening:  On Thursday evening, we will hold a leadership training and networking event for NFBCO Board Members, Chapter Presidents, and other Federation leaders.
 Friday Morning:  October 18th, will kick off with registration and opening of the Exhibit Hall for sponsors and exhibitors.  The first general session will take place in the form of a luncheon featuring our NFBCO scholarship winners and law makers.
Friday Afternoon Part 1:  Friday afternoon will offer various substantive breakout sessions such as employment tips strategies and the latest and greatest in assistive technology for the blind.
Friday Afternoon Part 2:  The second general session will start at 4:00 pm and take up items such as the Presidential Report and other substantive items concerning the blind such as vocational rehabilitation and voting rights.
Friday Evening:  5:30, we will hold our Sponsors Reception where Convention Sponsors and exhibitors can address the convention and mix and mingle with our members.  Friday evening will also have other substantive meetings such as the Resolutions Committee and the like.  That night, our Colorado Springs Chapter will host a social event offering games and events for kids of all ages emphasizing a western theme.
 Saturday Morning:  October 19th, will start with another general session where we will hear the National Report from NFB National Representative, Mr. Carl Jacobsen, NFB Board Member who hails from New York.  The morning will also feature a moving report from the Colorado Center for the Blind, celebrating its 25th year of providing training in independent skills for the blind.  We will hear the always inspiring, “My Blindness, Myself,” presentation where three of our members will tell their personal stories of how they have managed their blindness successfully.  The morning session will also consider access to education, transportation, employment, senior services, and other issues faced by the blind of Colorado.
Saturday Afternoon:  is when NFBCO divisions conduct their meetings, such as the students, parents of blind children, blind seniors, and others.
Saturday Evening:  6:00 pm on Saturday evening, we will have our major annual, social mixer followed by the Annual Banquet at 7:00 pm.  The banquet will feature a keynote address from Mr. Jacobsen, presentation of the 2013 scholarships, and delivery of other special awards.
 Sunday Morning:  October 20th, will contain the final general session where we will address other substantive matters faced by the blind.  We will also conduct our Annual Business Session where we will adopt resolutions and conduct elections for our officers and various board positions.  The Convention will adjourn by noon.
 The above summary does not represent the entirety of the items that will appear on the final agenda.  It is possible that some of the items mentioned above will have to be moved to other times during the convention.  The final agenda will be released in late September.  It should also be noted that our exhibit hall will remain open during the vast majority of Convention time on Saturday and Sunday.
 FOR MORE CONVENTION INFORMATION CONTACT:
Scott C. LaBarre, President,
Phone: (303) 504-5979
slabarre at labarrelaw.com<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>