[Cabs] The CABS Student Seminar (and Beep Baseball) This Saturday

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Wed Sep 4 22:30:02 UTC 2013

Hello,

In trying to make sure nobody in the Colorado Springs region misses out, I wanted to let you know that this Saturday morning, we will be having beep baseball practice in the same field we've been having it in every week for about a month now. It's the field we had it in during the recent NFB picnic, behind the Garden Ranch YMCA. Beep Baseball is baseball played by the blind, men and women, boys and girls. Come check it out and have some fun while at it!

That's the same YMCA where the Colorado Association of Blind Students (CABS) Student seminar is being held this Saturday as well. The seminar is at the Garden Ranch Y, from 11:30am to 4pm, and the beep baseball practice will be out back from 9am to 11am. Hope to see you there for one or both events.

The beep baseball is for fun -- the student seminar is for your future! if you or any blind person you know has any thoughts of attending college, this seminar can only help save time, and avoid frustration. ;-)

Please pass this message along to anyone you think would be interested in or benefit from this free seminar. I've pasted the text below, from the CABS Student Seminar flyer, in case you weren't already aware, or needed a refresher. Feel free to call or e-mail me if you have any questions about either event. I hope to find you there. ;-)

Strive On!
Everett
719.510.8017
everett at everettgavel.com

(The) Colorado Association of Blind Students
Is Happy to Present

Strategies for Success Seminar

Saturday September 7, 2013
11:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
At the
Garden Ranch YMCA
2380 Montebello Dr W, Colorado Springs, CO 80918

At the seminar we will discuss:
? Technology, including a hands-on PowerPoint demonstration with screen readers;
? Learn how to land summer internships and build a winning resume by the time you graduate;
? Financial aid and scholarship opportunities for blind students;
? Learn what the NFB of Colorado has to offer you and how to get involved!
? Opportunities for you to ask blind students questions and share common experiences.
Lunch will be provided for all who attend! After the seminar, you are invited to join us for dinner somewhere around town!

For more information and to RSVP Please Contact:
Arielle Silverman
602-502-2255
Arielle71 at gmail.com