[Cabs] Convention Auction

Jessica Beecham jbeecham at cocenter.org
Wed Oct 29 00:25:15 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone

Here is the auction list for convention. Some of the auction items will be sold at Beatlemania "Twist and Shout" on Thursday and the rest will be scattered throughout the weekend. We have some really great items this year! This should be fun!

We want to take a moment and express our deepest appreciation to all those who assisted in making our auction a live, growing and successful tradition: Buna Dahal, Maryann Migliorelli, Christina Roybal and family, Lisa Bonderson, Jessica Beecham, Eric Woods, Pat Claar, Anna Reid and Gary Van Dorn. We couldn’t have done it without your dedication and generosity. If we have not mentioned your name, please know that we really appreciate all the help we had!

Auction rules:

Items will be presented for auction at various times throughout the convention. We will have a live and silent auction on Thursday night. Our banquet is always a highlight of the weekend, so please join us as we auction off more packages then. We will accept cash, checks or credit cards. All payments need to be received at the time of purchase. Individual restrictions and expiration dates apply. Please see the items for details. We have many great packages and little time so we will be conducting the auction in a fast and speedy way, so be prepared!

For your convenience we have listed the items we currently have to offer.  There might be some changes.  The items will not be presented for bid in the order of this list.  Keep in mind: we are near the holiday season; some of the items would make a great gift! Support the BELL and annual scholarship programs…our kids, our future! And let’s have fun!

All the items for Thursday night live auction:

1.   The Beatles Portrait and a collection of buttons with the names of Beatles songs; a portrait of the Beatles by a local artist, Eric Dorris and a beautifully framed collection of buttons with the names of famous Beatles songs.

2.   It is time for MAGIC!!! $600 value

Four one day park hopper tickets valid for Disneyland Park and Disney’s California Adventure Park! Exp. 09.08.16

3.   A gourmet wine experience in a basket! $150 value

A bottle of chardonnay and a bottle of Malbec, accompanied by imported cheeses, gourmet spreads and a $40 gift certificate to Cure Shop in Boulder.  Relax and enjoy this wonderful experience!

4.   Have a safe flight! $250 value

A $250 voucher from Frontier Airlines. Exp. 10.29.15

5.   Boulder in style! $440 value

One night stay at St. Julien Hotel and Spa in Boulder ($350 value, exp. 10.31.15) $50 to Brasserie Ten Ten, a French-inspired restaurant downtown Boulder and $40 gift card to Salt, an upscale farm-to-table restaurant downtown Boulder.

6.  Water to wine and a box of chocolate. $100 value

How would you like to turn water to wine? There is a business that can help you do so!

7.  Two night stay in a luxury one bedroom condo at the Seasons at Avon. $700 value

The owner of this certificate will enjoy a two nights stay in a one bedroom condo at The Seasons at Avon. To be used within 12 months from the date of purchase. Subject to availability.

8.   It’s Broncos time!!!

Two tickets to the Denver Broncos game (Dec. 7th, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Denver Broncos vs. Buffalo Bills, section 330, row 10), donated by Mike and Pauline Corey; Also, donated by the Denver Broncos, a signed photograph of Broncos RB Montee Ball. And we have added Broncos wreath to this package.

9.   Where wine and the Beatles come together right now!

A bottle of Blackbird Vineyard red wine blend Arise ($65 value) paired with a package of delicious roasted cocoa nibs).

Silent Auction Items

1.   Flavors of Fall!!! $40 value

A beautiful basket of goodies from Trader Joes: bread mixes, ginger snaps, organic popcorn, trail mix and much more! Come and check it out!

2.   A beautiful silver bracelet from Andrew’s Jewelers. $85 value

3.   Pure beauty! $150 value

A beautiful sterling silver set with fresh water pearls (neckless and ear rings from J. F. Sholl Fine Jewelry)

4.   Coffee time! $150 value

Ten pounds of various Starbucks coffee, two mugs and treats.

5.   Denver Tech Center package  ($225 value)

One night stay at the Denver Marriott Tech Center Hotel, room and parking (exp. 10/31/15)

$75 gift certificate to The Wooden Table restaurant in Greenwood Village.

6.   Lavender Lover’s Paradise! $50 value

Lavender scented body care products from Pharmaca (lotion, conditioner, shampoo, bath salt, body wash and hand soap.

7.   Two gold rings with beautiful ruby and amethyst stones

Items to be distributed throughout the convention:

1.   Discover Centennial ($130 value)

Two $25 certificates to Mellow Mushroom restaurant; One free class at Canvas and Cocktails $25 value; Breakfast for two at the Snooze  restaurant and a pound of Snooze coffee $30 value; $25 to Sazza restaurant.

2.   YMCA of the Rockies package ($300 value)

Two night stay in a lodge room at the YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch or Estes Park Center. (Exp. 12.31.2015, not valid 06.15 – 08.15)

3.   Grocery shopping for all! $70 value

$45 to King Soopers and $25 to Costco

4.   Dinner time! $95 value

A spatula and small casserole dish from Peppercorn. 2 boxes of spices from Savory Spice Shop, valued at $56 total, plus a $25 to Maggiano’s Little Italy.

5.   Taste of Boulder $230 value

$40 to Foolish Craig’s, $50 to West Flanders; $50 to The Mediterranean Restaurant; $50 to Bohemian Biergarten; three entre cards to Cantina Laredo

6.   Snacking basket from The Rav House. $50 value

7.   A Patagonia day back, valued at $69, plus a Patagonia billed cap valued at $29. Total value $100.

8.   Tea lovers’ dream! $50 value.

A basket of Zen and Passion Starbucks Tea bags with two mugs.

Banquet items:

1.   Diane’s fudge Value: Priceless!

2.   Lido Wine Cellar. Valued at $150

A total of ten bottles of white and red wine

3.   Explore Boulder $280 value plus a bonus CU Boulder Buffalos Football helmet autographed by the coach.

One night stay at the Boulderado Hotel (valid Jan. 1stthrough April 30thand Nov. 1st through Dec. 30th, exp.  12/30/2015): $50 to Pasta Jay’s and $30 to Ted’s Montana Grill; four $10 certificates to Le Peep

4.   Pasta for dinner!

A bag full of items for a delicious pasta dinner night from Trader Joe’s.

5.   A beautiful bird house handcrafted by Jeffrey Clark, a participant of the Senior program at the CCB.

6.   Wine and dine. $325 value

$100 to the Chophouse, a plate and two drinks at The Kitchen Next Door, two $25 cards to Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant; four $25 certificates to Walnut Brewery; two $25 certificates to Cheesecake Factory.

On behalf of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado we would like to thank all the donors for their generous support of our programs!

5280 Burger Bar; Andrew’s Jewelers; Bohemian Biergarten; Boulderado Hotel; Brasserie Ten Ten;Cantina Laredo; Canvas and Cocktails; Caribou Coffee (downtown Denver); Cheesecake  Factory; Cinemarks; Jeffrey Clark; Mike and Pauline Corey; Costco; CU Boulder Buffalos; The Cup Espresso Café; Cured; The Denver Broncos; Denver Marriott Tech Center; Foolish Craig’s Café; James and Suzan Gashel; J. F. Sholl Fine Jewelry; Great Harvest Breads; King Soopers (various locations); Kroenke Sports and Entertainment; Le Peep; Lido Wine Merchants; Mad Greens: Maggiano’s Little Italy; Diane McGeorge; McGuckin Hardware; Mellow Mushroom; Mediterranean Restaurant; Pasta Jay’s; Patagonia; Pharmaca; Rio Grand Mexican Restaurant; The Peppercorn; Ripple Frozen Yogurt; Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory; Savory Spice Shop (Littleton and Boulder locations); Sazza Restaurant; Snooze; Sprouts store in Greenwood Village; Starbucks (Littleton and Boulder locations); Ted’s Montana Grill; Terry Siverly; Trader Joe’s stores; Walnut Brewery; Walt Disney resorts; West Flanders; West End Wine Shop; The Wooden Table; The YMCA of the Rockies.