[Cabs] Accessibility

annajee82 at gmail.com annajee82 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 05:26:49 UTC 2016

Students,
You know when you're in class and everyone is looking at something you don't have access to?  Or when your teacher posts something online that everyone is supposed to look at, but you can't read it?  Or when you are assigned homework through an online system that you can't navigate?
These, and many other situations happen all the time.

I want equal access!

How do we make this happen?

At the end of this month many of us will be in Washington talking to representatives who can make a difference in this issue.

If you would share an experience you have had with some kind of inaccessible technology in school, we can present this information in Washington as evidence of the need to make changes.

What would happen?

The AIM HE act (Accessible Instructional Materials in Higher Education) would allow guidelines to be created for schools, so that they would be better able to make their materials accessible to everybody.

I know we all want to have equal access in the classroom.  But this will only happen if we work to demand this equal access.

Please provide an experience you have had with inaccessible materials at school, so that we can collectively support the AIM HE act and get that equal access!

Please contact me within the week to get these stories to me.

Always appreciated.

402)817-8934
annajee82 at gmail.com

Anna E Givens

President, Colorado Association of Blind Students