[Capchapohio] events calendar

Angela angie1752 at att.net
Tue Apr 26 22:23:28 UTC 2011

Event Calendar Options
I did review info with Chapter members at previous meetings. The calendar
will not be up until Juneor July  If we stay on schedule. I have listed the
organizations that will be participating at the bottom of this e-mail. The
Calender will be made up by those listed and I will update and send out the
first of each month to the presidents of those organizations whom will then
forward to there members to assist in informing other blind members of the
different events, fund raisers, trips, and programs going on in Columbus.
   It will  most likely be Outlook or Facebook
(I already use Outlook)

options I found for online event calendars. Here's the list in no particular
order:
(I already use the outlook)
1) Facebook - a lot of organizations are utilizing Facebook now to share
upcoming events and information. Facebook calls them Pages. They can be used
for organizations, businesses, celebrities, and bands. May require at least
one Facebook account.  More information about Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=903

2) Famundo - is a free online calendar site geared to families and
organizations. Can be accessed and managed online. It's free, but its free
account has some limitations. There are also price per month plans if more
features are needed. More information about Famundo -
http://www.famundo.com/online-calendar-features

3) Google Calendar - is a calendar that can be shared across different
people. Let your co-workers, family, and friends see your calendar, and view
schedules that others have shared with you. Better for communicating events
within the chapters not publicly. This calendar option is free - the
organization would need to sign up for a Google account, then set it so the
chapters can access it. More information on Google Calendar:
http://www.google.com/googlecalendar/about.html

4) Yahoo Calendar - very similar to Google Calendar, also free.  I don't
have a link for Yahoo Calendar - it requires you to create an account first.

Hi Angie,

Great talking with you the other day!  I am sending you a list of support
groups that meet at Vision & Vocational Services.  I have spoken with them
and they said you could contact them and they would be willing to talk with
you and give you information on their meetings and some more contacts.

I have already spoken with these contacts and all wish to participate.

American Council for the Blind (ACB): and News Reel  Irwin Hott

Welfare Association of the Sightless: (WAS) Joe Waldron

Capital Blind Bowlers: Sandra Mollet

Mutual Benefits Club Jan Blatz

Also have call into Accesable  Arts which already has Web page just would
copy and paste there monthly event info onto calander.  I did leave a
message letting them know what I wanted to do and am waiting on call back.

Angela