[Capchapohio] Countdown begins!

Carol Akers purplecakers at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 15:20:42 UTC 2011

 Wow, it it almost time for convention.  Does not seem possible!  There are only
18 days left till July 1st, travel day for many!  Get ready to rekindle old
acquaintances, hear great speakers and be in great sessions!  I am excited.  I
love the seminars, the variety of sessions held that force me to decide which
one is most important to get to, out of two or three that I want info from.   M
& M's sales!  I-Pad ticket sales! Working the Independence Market to help
National!  Lots of work, but lots of enjoyment.  For those of you who have not
attended many or have not been motivated to attend the General Sessions---you
don't know what you are missing!  Sessions are full of information and
interesting speakers, updating us on progress for independence and equality of
blind persons everywhere. You just never know who may show up.  I suggest you
all make every effort to take advantage of the many division meetings, seminars,
AND the General Sessions.  Attendance is a privilege, since most of us are
getting financial assistance to be able to attend and learn new things, reaffirm
old knowledge and rekindle friendship bonds and support systems that make the
NFB a wonderful organization to be a part of!  Remember---this is not just a get
away from home vacation, but a working trip since we are there NOT just to enjoy
Florida, but be an active part of the convention.
See ya soon!
Carol Akers