[Capchapohio] FW: Accessible Arts will Audio Describe The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo on Tuesday, January 24

Sammons, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Sammons at rsc.ohio.gov
Mon Jan 23 12:54:22 UTC 2012

Accessible arts of Central Ohio will audio describe the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, on Tuesday evening, January 24, 2012.

It will be held at the Marcus Cinema Crosswoods Theatre located at 200 Hutchinson Avenue, Columbus Ohio, 43085.

The cost of tickets for those in the Accessible Arts group will be $7 per person and must be purchased from one of our volunteers that evening. Otherwise, you will pay $9.50 at the counter, as pricing options have changed.

The movie will begin at 7:00 pm and end at approximately 9:45 pm including trailers and ending credits. Audio description will be provided by one of our local describers, Adam Westlund. And, of course, our team of truly fine volunteers will be there to assist you.

The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo is taken from Stieg Larsson's book. The film is from Columbia Pictures and is rated R for some scenes of brutality and rape. It's not for everyone but is an excellently produced and fascinating film with tremendous actors.

Synopsis-- A few thoughts pulled from Roger Ebert's review:

The action hero in this film isn't a man but a fearsomely intelligent and emotionally stranded woman, Lisbeth Salander, played by Rooney Mara (and by Noomi Rapace in the original 2009 Swedish movie).

. Despite her tough past and beyond Goth looks, she is extremely intelligent and ready to face and tackle anything.

Daniel Craig (our James Bond actor) plays Mikael Blomkvist, a radical, investigative journalist who is hired by an older millionaire, Henrik Vanger, played by Christopher Plumber. Vanger is determined to find out what happened to his niece, Harriet, who supposedly died on the island 40 years ago but each year seemingly continues to send him watercolors of wild flowers for his birthday. The question--could a murderer be living on the island?

To reserve a receiver or to let us know if you will need assistance from a volunteer, please call the Accessible Arts of Central Ohio Information Line at 614 470-4777. Press 0 to get information about the movie. Then, at any time, press the Pound Sign to leave a message.

Give us your name and number, too, in case we need to reach you because of last minute time changes or other unusual circumstances.

SEE YOU at the MOVIES!!!