[Capchapohio] Capital Chapter concern

Carol purplecakers at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 22:03:58 UTC 2012

Hello out there
I am reaching out with a serious concern. I have been appointed as a member of the nominating committee for our upcoming elections on Sat, Nov 17.  Today is Nov 9, one week from our election & I have not been able to connect with either of the other members of the committee. This would not be a great concern if the current officers were all seeking re-election. However, Beth & Shivaji both announced at the Oct meeting, that neither will run. This leaves us with the top two offices, and important offices at that, with vacancies. We are not a large chapter & we have a limited pool of people to pull from to lead us into the future. I do not want to think that there is the possibility of the Capital Chapter going inactive again. I have attempted to reach out via email & Voice mail since our last mtg, in order to have time to come up with ideas for the slate of officers without success.  I hate to wait until so close to elections, that we cannot find motivated people willing to serve. I am writing this out of sincere concern for our chapter & I hope there are others out there who share my concern.
Sincerely, Carol A

Sent from my Verizon phone