[Capchapohio] TO QUIET

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 23:30:53 UTC 2017

Greetings chapter members, I hope this note finds everyone doing well.
I’ll certainly be up for some fellowship at our meeting coming up in about a week and a half.
And our last meeting there was discussion regarding a meet the blind month event for October, and I was tasked with making arrangements for said event, but have been unable to do so. As there is still the potential for that to happen, I certainly would love someone picking up the ball and running with this one. I was not able to do this for various reasons, but all I believe good reasons. I’ve recently become employed full-time, I suppose that counts as good news, but it has kept me exceedingly busy of the last week and a half or so. I’ll actually be moving away from Columbus but one has to do with one has to do.
Additionally, I will be testifying at a Senate oversight committee meeting tomorrow morning on behalf of the national Federation of the blind of Ohio. Any positive vibes you can send my way will be very much appreciated. For those of you who don’t know, this is the committee that will be deciding on the language for the Ohio State State rehabilitation counselor. There are three amendments that are specific to blindness but we’d like to see added, and I can talk more in detail about that during our meeting. The state convention is also coming up for which I am extraordinarily excited, I will be giving my first ever scholarship presentation to three very deserving candidates. Again, I’ll talk more about this during our meeting. In closing, I hope everyone is doing well, and appreciate JW‘s message allowing me to take a few minutes to talk with my Federation family about the good things happening for the blind here in the state of Ohio, and in the city of Columbus.

Your brother in the movement.

Jordy D. Stringer.
You can achieve anything once you've imagined possibilities!