[Cash-and-caring] Welcom, chapter fundraising idea, and Washington Seminar

Richie Flores rflores at nfb-texas.org
Tue Oct 16 21:00:15 UTC 2012

Ramona,
We have been doing the Bowl-a-Thon to support the Beep baseball team in
Austin for over 20 years now.  The funds we raise vary between 6000 and
11,000, it really depends on the giving nature of the sponsors each year.
I've helped for the last six years, and have learned a little of the
logistics.  We have a very good fundraiser in this group, she's quite
territorial of her gig, and not a true believer that a blind person can do
her job, but of course we know best...

Richie Flores
Youth Services Coordinator
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
512-323-5444
rflores at nfbtx.org
www.nfbtx.org/youthprograms
"Changing what it means to be Blind"