[Cash-and-caring] improving our social media hits

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Thu Mar 21 14:46:51 UTC 2013

I think it would help our fundraising if we convinced each state affiliate or NFB project that receives money from the yearly JI fundraising campaign to write a lovely review of how they used the funds in their area and for their specific program helping the blind. Surely that would be useful since knowledgeable people with money are likely to check Guidestar records for the 911 facts before donating and are likely to tap on such reviews. Here is a tip from Guidestar:

*         Reviews by Current Supporters-Unleash Them!
Did you know that your existing supporters' opinions can significantly help your fundraising? They can when your volunteers, clients, board members, and donors write reviews about your organization and post them on GuideStar.
The positive reviews your stakeholders leave today could pay off in the future when new donors are looking for organizations that best meet their objectives. And it's all completely free-there's no charge to either the reviewers or your organization.

*         Home<http://www.guidestar.org/Home.aspx> >
*         What Nonprofits Can Do on GuideStar<http://www.guidestar.org/rxg/update-nonprofit-report/index.aspx> >

Cordially,

Lorraine Rovig, Assistant to Patti Chang, Esq.
Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office:  (410) 659-9314, x2415
E-mail:  scholarships at nfb.org<mailto:scholarships at nfb.org>
Website:  www.nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>

P. S.: The application period for the NFB Scholarship Program for 2013 ends March 31, 2013.

To help us help blind students, text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill anytime.