[Cash-and-caring] more questions about Raffles

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Wed Mar 1 02:50:41 UTC 2017

Good evening Everyone,

As the National Association of the DeafBlind, a proud Division of the
NFB starts to plan our fundraising for National, I have several questions.

We have a member that knits beautiful, tactile afghans for the Division
that we raffle at Convention. The person need not be present to win and
we do the drawing at Convention.

Can we make an announcement now, for example with the testimony of last
years winner and a verbal description of the afghan on both our Website
and on the NFB mailing lists and say that we will raffle off another
afghan this year with its color, Name of Pattern and general
description, so we can start selling raffle tickets?

I know that we can't pay for raffle tickets online, but can I provide an
address for where people could send checks and I would send them the
raffle tickets?

Or is it not a good idea for me to place my home address on our Website?

Should I just have interested parties email/text me, is this
preferable/safer?

Second,
The Division will consider ordering Children's sizes of our Braille
T-Shirts if practicable.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what is
the best size (s) to order for a trial run?

Thanks in advance,
Let's go build the Federation and our Divisions

Janice Toothman
Second Vice-President
NADB/NFB

We are, We care, We share, We grow, We make a Difference;
Janice