[Central-md-chapter] Minute Message from the Movement

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 15:54:41 UTC 2014

December Minute Message from the Movement

Fellow Federationists,

As we prepare for the Holidays and the New Year, keep in mind the following
Federation activities:

During this season of shopping, we have a new way to encourage family and
friends to help the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland BELL
Program.

If you want to purchase something on Amazon, go to
<http://smile.amazon.com/ch/52-1301033>
http://smile.amazon.com/ch/52-1301033.

If you do not use the above link, and you use just the
<http://www.smile.amazon.com> www.smile.amazon.com, you will have to select
National Federation of the Blind of Maryland as your charity, for the first
time.  There are many charities on the list. So be careful when making your
selection.  NFBMD will receive donations from eligible purchases.  Not all
products are included.  Look at the product detail page to see if the item
counts for a donation.  When you come back to the site for future purchase,
AmazonSmile will automatically remember the charity that you selected.
Merely going to Amazon.com will not permit a charitable donation.

Spread the word and let's shop!  Many thanks to Scott White for coming up
with this idea.  Keep those ideas coming.

NFBMD Board of Directors Meetings

Please save the following dates for NFBMD Board of Directors meetings.  Time
and place to be determined.  The dates are:  Jan. 31, Mar. 28, May 30, Aug.
29.

Other Important Dates to Remember

Jan. 22 - NFBMD Day in Annapolis

Jan. 24 - National Harbor Chapter Anniversary Celebration

Jan. 26 - Washington Seminar

Jan. 27 - NFBMD visits Capitol Hill Representatives (Please note that we are
going to Capitol Hill on Tuesday, rather than Wednesday, so that we can
participate in the commemoration of the NFB 75th Anniversary on Capitol
Hill, from 3pm-5pm.  More details will be available about this event later).

Mar. 26-27 - Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium

Mar. 31 - Deadline for National Scholarship applications

Apr. 11 - UEB Workshop, sponsored by NFBMD and ACBMD, to be held at LBPH.

Apr. 15 - Deadline for NFBMD Scholarship applications

Jul. 5-10 - 75th Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind

Nov. 13-15 - NFBMD Annual State Convention, to be held in Ocean City, MD

Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday season.  Many thanks to each of you for
making 2014 a successful year for NFBMD.  I look forward to working with
each of you in 2015 so that we can continue to live the lives we want.

Sharon Maneki