[Central-md-chapter] New voting machines next year

Joe Schissler jandes1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 12 18:15:28 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I hope everyone is having a good summer, and I am looking forward to our
picnic.

I attended the Howard County Fair yesterday.  First, the desk I have been
building is fimished and won a second place ribbon, so I had to see that.
But more importantly, I came across the hoCo Board of Elections booth in the
Exhibit Building and got to try out the new voting machine that we will get
to use in the primaries next April.  It is accessable and works in a similar
fashion to the old ones except that it produces a paper ballot that you have
to feed into another machine that counts everyone's ballots.

Anyway, I had a lot of questions and they answered most of them.  Then I
asked if they could bring the machines to one of our meetings, and they said
that they would love to.  I have the contact info and will contact them to
start the conversation.  If there are any preferences as to when would be
best, please let me know.  Or, if anyone (Darlene or Sharon or someone
else?) who wants to work this, let me know that, too.  We can talk about
this at the picnic or our next meeting.

Regards,

Joe