[Central-md-chapter] Action Needed

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 10 13:42:25 UTC 2015

Hello All,

Please read Hindley Williams' message below and take action. Since you are
getting this message  little late, please work on this today, tomorrow, or
Monday at the latest. Thanks in advance for your efforts. If you get a
response, send a note off list to jesse.hartle63 at gmail.com
<mailto:jesse.hartle63 at gmail.com> .

Good Morning Fellow Federationists,

As you may have heard, the TIME Act is gaining more traction than ever  in
Congress, but there is still much work to be done. As Marylanders,  we can
do our part to see that this bill becomes law by reaching out  to our
members of Congress and urging them to pass this bill.

Throughout this week, I encourage you to send emails to the members of
Congress of Maryland -- one email to the member of the House of
Representatives in the district that you live in, and two emails to  the
Senators. Below, I have listed the contact information for some of  the
staffers on the Hill, and two email templates for the House and  Senate if
you need these resources to send out your emails. Also, you will notice in
the templates that the staffers may direct some questions to you if they
have any. If they ask you a question that you are unsure of, you can direct
the questions to Rose Sloan at rsloan at nfb.org <mailto:rsloan at nfb.org> .

Here is the template for the House of Representatives:

Dear (first name of the staffer you are contacting):

My name is (your name), and I am writing to inform you about issues  that
are a concern to blind Marylanders. Currently, individuals with
disabilities across the country are being paid subminimum wages, which  is
an antiquated practice that does not allow these individuals to  reach their
full potential in the workplace. The Transitioning to  Integrated and
Meaningful Employment (TIME) Act responsibly phases out  section 14(c) of
the Fair Labor Standards Act, the provision that  makes this practice legal
for Special Wage Certificate holders. I ask  that you please share this
information with (Member of Congress'

name), because I am a constituent and this issue is important to me.

To cosponsor the TIME Act (HR 188) in the House of Representatives,

contact:

Scot Malvaney, Policy Director, Congressman Gregg Harper (R-MS)

Phone: (202) 225-5031, Email: Scot.Malvaney at mail.house.gov
<mailto:Scot.Malvaney at mail.house.gov> .

If you have any questions, please feel free to direct them to me.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

(Your Name)

Here is the template for the Senate:

Dear (first name of the staffer you are contacting):

My name is (your name), and I am writing to inform you about issues  that
are a concern to blind Marylanders. Currently, individuals with
disabilities across the country are being paid subminimum wages, which  is
an antiquated practice that does not allow these individuals to  reach their
full potential in the workplace. The Transitioning to  Integrated and
Meaningful Employment (TIME) Act responsibly phases out  section 14(c) of
the Fair Labor Standards Act, the provision that  makes this practice legal
for Special Wage Certificate holders. I ask  that you please share this
information with (Senator's name), because  this issue is important to me as
a Maryland resident. To cosponsor the  TIME Act (S 2001) in the Senate,
contact:

Dan Auger, Legislative Assistant, Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)

Phone: (202) 224-3324, Email: Daniel_Auger at Ayotte.senate.gov
<mailto:Daniel_Auger at Ayotte.senate.gov>   If you have any questions, please
feel free to direct them to me.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

(Your First name)

Here is the contact information for the House of Representatives  (choose
the one in which you are a constituent):

1. office of Andy Harris: contact John Dutton at john.dutton at mail.house.gov
<mailto:john.dutton at mail.house.gov>   2. office of Ruppersberger, Dutch:
contact Deborah Haynie at Deborah.haynie at mail.house.gov
<mailto:Deborah.haynie at mail.house.gov>   3. office of Sarbanes, John:
contact Bvora Lovinger at dvora.lovinger at mail.house.gov
<mailto:dvora.lovinger at mail.house.gov>   4. office of Edwards, Donna:
contact Anne Nelson at anne.nelson at mail.house.gov
<mailto:anne.nelson at mail.house.gov>   5. office of Hoyer, Steny: contact
Rachel Snyder at Rachel.snyder at mail.house.gov
<mailto:Rachel.snyder at mail.house.gov>   6. office of Delaney, John: contact
Lauren Santabar at lauren.santabar at mail.house.gov
<mailto:lauren.santabar at mail.house.gov>   7. office of Cummings, Elijah:
Contact Jimmy Fremgen at jimmy.fremgen at mail.house.gov
<mailto:jimmy.fremgen at mail.house.gov>

Here is the contact for the two office in the Senate (feel free to  contact
both of these):

1. office of Ben Cardin: contact Gray Maxwell at
Gray_Maxwell at cardin.senate.gov <mailto:Gray_Maxwell at cardin.senate.gov>   2.
office of Barbara Mikulski: contact Aaron Edelman
aaron_edelman at mikulski.senate.gov <mailto:aaron_edelman at mikulski.senate.gov>
Let's take the next few days to get these emails to our Members of  Congress
so that we can get this bill passed! If you have any  questions, you can
email me at hbwilliams16 at gmail.com <mailto:hbwilliams16 at gmail.com> . Thank
you!

Best,

Hindley