[Central-md-chapter] Immediate Action Needed!

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 20:30:04 UTC 2016

Hello all,

If you did not send your thank you note to Congressman Mac Thornberry,
please do it by the end of the week.  Read below.  Parnell Diggs explains
why this is so important.  Thanks for your help.  Here is Parnell's message:

Fellow Federationists,

The end of August is in sight; and with it, the summer Congressional Recess
will draw to a close. As Congress reconvenes in September, a conference
committee will meet to resolve differences in the House and Senate versions
of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). By now, you are aware that
the House version of the NDAA contains the Space Available (Space A) bill,
and the Senate version does not. When the conference committee concludes its
work on the joint version of the NDAA, the joint bill will contain Space A,
or it will not.

Thus, our objective is clear. As President Riccobono pointed out in last
week's edition of the President's Notebook, we need to thank Congressman Mac
Thornberry, Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, for including
our Space A bill in the House version of the NDAA. We hope our outreach
effort on this issue will provide sufficient encouragement to the House
conferees to convince them to insist that the Space A language be included
in the joint version of the NDAA, which ultimately will be passed by both
houses and sent to the President of the United States to be signed into law.
But it starts with our continuing outreach.

We have developed a short webform, which you can access here
www.nfb.org/thank-you-thornberry <http://www.nfb.org/thank-you-thornberry>
to submit a thank you letter to Chairman Thornberry sending him the message
that we do care about Space A. This exercise will take about two minutes.
Please use this link www.nfb.org/thank-you-thornberry
<http://www.nfb.org/thank-you-thornberry> .

Thank you, fellow Federationists, for your advocacy in this area. We have a
great chance of getting Space A enacted this session if we remain vigilant.
Please take care of this short task before getting up from your computer.
Once again, that link is www.nfb.org/thank-you-thornberry
<http://www.nfb.org/thank-you-thornberry> .

As always, thanks for all you do.

Parnell