[Central-md-chapter] Regarding opportunities

Graham Mehl blind at trailstone.com
Mon Aug 14 04:15:19 UTC 2017

Adrijana,
Welcome. I see recently you sent emails to at least three NFB mailing lists,
so Welcome. You did not say whether you were looking for job opportunities
or volunteer opportunities or both? I say that because you posted a similar
message to the NFB community service mailing list.

Odenton, Maryland is relatively small, so for job or volunteer
opportunities are limited. I live in Laurel, which is about 6 miles from
Odenton. Your possibilities increase greatly as you go east to Annapolis or
west to Columbia. A short train ride will get you to Baltimore or Washington
D.C. where possibilities  are endless.  So depending on what type of
opportunity you are looking for, you may need to travel a bit. My sister and
niece live in Odenton. There are 3 or 4 churches within walking distance to
her house. My niece use to walk to school.

Public transportation in the Odenton area is very limited as Brenda said.
Odenton does have a MARC train station. As I recall from a number of years
ago, there is a bus route that runs in that area. Annapolis, Laurel, and
Columbia have bus systems in place. Uber is probably your best bet. I have
taken uber from Annapolis to Laurel for about $25. Odenton does have some
sidewalks, but not all streets have sidewalks. You may want to call the MTA
to see if they can help.
Maryland Transit Administration
6 St. Paul St.
Baltimore, MD 21202-1614

Transit Information Contact Center
(410)-539-5000
Toll Free: 1-866-RIDE-MTA (1-866-743-3682)
Monday through Friday
6am - 7pm

You found the NFB mailing lists. The NFB or the National Federation of the
Blind has a local chapter that meets the first Tuesdays of every month
between October and June. Matter fact we have a casual picnic meeting on
September 2 that you are welcome to come to. If you are interested, I can
get you the contact information.
--
Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President
LCB graduate, 2016