[Central-MD-Chapter] FW: [lbph] LBPH Technology User Group in Columbia

president at nfbmd.org president at nfbmd.org
Sat Sep 21 13:05:22 UTC 2019

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110

From: LBPH [mailto:lbph-bounces at lists.sailor.lib.md.us] On Behalf Of John Owen -LBPH-
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:00 PM
To: LBPH at lists.sailor.lib.md.us
Subject: [lbph] LBPH Technology User Group in Columbia

Greetings to the tech enthusiasts of Howard County,

We are quite pleased to be bringing the Technology User Group to Columbia on Tuesday, October 1.  With the holidays right around the corner, now is the time to be previewing assistive technology gifts and to learn of the exciting new gadgets and gizmos.  We will also be taking a look at an amazing app that will make your phone a more useful tool.

We will be meeting at 6:30 PM, The Other Barn, 5851 Robert Oliver Pl, Columbia, MD 21045.

The Meeting will be from 6:30 to 8:30 and refreshments will be provided by the Central Maryland Chapter of the NFB.

You do not have to RSVP for this event.

If you would like to listen to previous TUG recordings please click here:

https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/Technology%20User%20Group.aspx

Upcoming TUGS:

Wednesday, October 9, two TUGS in One day!

Topic for both sessions:  One Amazing App; preview of Assistive Technology Gifts for the Holidays

9:15 AM, Broadneck Community Library, Anne Arundel County Public Library, 1275 Green Holly Drive, Annapolis, MD 21409.

1:00 PM, Leisure World, Clubhouse One, 3700 Rossmoor Boulevard, Silver Spring 20906.

Saturday, November 9, 10 AM, LBPH, 415 Park Avenue, Baltimore, 21201.

Topic:  Assistive Technology Gifts for the Holidays: a complete look list from Toddlers to seniors.

Follow LBPH on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/mdlbph <http://www.facebook.com/mdlbph>

And on Twitter:

 <http://www.twitter.com/md_lbph> www.twitter.com/md_lbph

For more information about the Technology User Group, please contact Jerry Price, (410) 230-2446 or via email  <mailto:jerry.price1 at maryland.gov> jerry.price1 at maryland.gov

--

John W. Owen III

Assistant Branch Chief

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

Maryland State Library

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

 <mailto:john.owen at maryland.gov> john.owen at maryland.gov