[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB chapter meeting reminder on Tuesday, October 6

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Fri Sep 25 00:03:37 UTC 2020

Hi All,
Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, October 6at 6:30 p.m. is fast approaching. Due to the corona virus pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually by PHONE instead of in person. Many people had difficulty dialing in a lot of numbers in a short period of time, so we are trying out a new system such that you just simply dial a phone number.

To connect to the meeting dial (339)209-4083 on your phone.

During our September Chapter meeting We discussed how the COVID-19 pandemic caused many NFBMD events to be cancelled, Meet the blind month possible activities, and how the NFBMD state convention will be virtual this year. The affiliate wants to ensure voting can take place, the chapter elected delegates to vote in behalf of the chapter if the voting system is determined unusable.

The tentative agenda for the chapter meeting is as follows
1.	Recite the NFB pledge - It is at the bottom of this email so
practice before the meeting
2.	Chapter business
a. reading of the minutes
b. treasurer report
c. announcements

3.	vote 3 new people into the chapter as members

4.	Discuss the 3 events that our chapter is participating in for Meet the blind month in October

5. NFBMD state convention and registration deadline is October 15

6.	Presidential release
At our chapter meetings we do our best to listen to the latest NFB presidential Release. Due to the timing of our meetings and when the presidential release is made available, we do not get to listen to the latest release. Always. Please make time to listen to the Presidential release to hear what is happening within the NFB movement.
The latest Presidential Release can be found at https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Chair
LCB graduate, 2016