[CentralOK] FW: NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.1.1 Now Available

Audrey Farnum nfbok at outlook.com
Fri Sep 9 18:15:27 UTC 2022

See the notice below if you use the NFB Newsline App.

Audrey T. Farnum
President
National Federation of  the Blind Oklahoma
405-590-6110
President at nfbok.org<mailto:President at nfbok.org>
www.nfbok.org<http://www.nfbok.org>
www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblindok/<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblindok/>
www.twitter.com/nfbok/

Dear Subscriber,

We encourage you to download the newest version of NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.1.1 released on September 8, 2022, from the app store. This version contains bug fixes and improvements. Specifically, this version fixes a bug that some users experienced where articles may be prevented from loading properly.

We also want to remind you of the page tabs that were added in version 3.1. When using VoiceOver you will no longer rely on the three-finger swipe left or right gesture to navigate to the KNFB Reader Basic page, Information Sources page, Highlights page, or the Settings page. You can now touch a page tab at the bottom of the screen and double tap to navigate instantly to any of the four pages listed above.

You may also wish to explore our Global Search feature, which you will find on the Information Sources page. You could try performing a search for your favorite football or baseball team. You do not like sports you say? Why not search for your favorite seasonal food. You should be presented with a fabulous number of articles with a national or even international flavor.

Okay, now you found your new favorite apple pie recipe, but how can you save it for later? Navigate to the end of the article and double tap email me this article. You should be presented with a success message listing your email address. Wait a few minutes and check your email. And you will never lose that apple pie recipe again.

We hope you found these tips helpful, if you need more help with the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile app, you encounter problems with the app or notice that a publication is not working properly, please reach out to our help desk at 866-504-7300 or email nfbnewsline at nfb.org<mailto:nfbnewsline at nfb.org>. Please do not feel shy about reaching out. We need your help to identify problems, so we can find a solution.

Sincerely,

Scott White and your NFB-NEWSLINE team

About the National Federation of the Blind NFB-NEWSLINE

The National Federation of the Blind is a transformative membership and advocacy organization of blind people. The NFB-NEWSLINE is a free audio and Braille service for anyone who is blind, low vision, deafblind, or otherwise print disabled, which offers access to more than 500 publications, popular magazines, emergency weather alerts, job listings, and the list keeps growing. Learn more at www.nfbnewsline.org<http://www.nfbnewsline.org> or call 866-504-7300.

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314

www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org>