[Cinci-nfb] Be inspired by this rejection of inspiration

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 20 14:51:26 UTC 2014

I heard this five-minute amazing talk a month or so ago, but when a friend
sent it to me again this morning, I realize I like it even more than the
first time.
Please take the time to listen to this woman's Ted talk on the nonsense of
people with disabilities being expected to be inspirational, or treated as
exceptional just because, as she put it, we get up in the mroning and
remember our names.
You will love her Australian accent and her sense of humor.  It is only
about five minutes long, so do please listen.
Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K9Gg164Bsw
Deborah