[Cinci-nfb] Great Opportunity to GetYour Taxes Done -- For Free!

Emily Pennington emilypennington at fuse.net
Fri Feb 6 00:50:43 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone.

As most of you know, I am an accounting major at Xavier University. This
semester, I'm participating in our school's Volunteer Income Tax Preparation
program, and I want to advertise it - not just to you, but anyone you might
know who you think would benefit from this service. Here is the information;
feel free to pass this along to anyone who isn't on this list, anyone
without a computer, your friends - both blind and sighted - and anyone else
you can think of.

Who/What: It's a free tax preparation program sponsored by the IRS. Returns
are prepared and double-checked by Xavier Accounting students, and it's a
free service to those who are elderly, low-income, or students.

Where: Returns are prepared in the Cintas Center, Banquet Rooms 1 and 2, at
Xavier University. There is parking available at the Cintas Center, and
although I rarely take the bus, I know of some that come to Xavier. The
address is:

Xavier University

3800 Victory Parkway

Cincinnati, OH 45207

How: You need to make an appointment to have your tax return prepared. To do
so, either call (513) 745-2828 or e-mail vita at xavier.edu

When: Appointments can be made for either 6:00 or 7:00 on the following
dates:

February 16

February 23

March 9

March 16

March 23

March 30

April 13

Returns are processed first come, first serve at those times.

What to bring: All taxpayers must bring the following:

.         SOCIAL SECURITY CARD for taxpayer, spouse, and dependents.  NO
EXCEPTIONS

(SS# on last year's return or on W-2's is not sufficient).

.         PROOF OF IDENTITY WITH PICTURE ID

(Example: your state ID)

.         ALL W-2 FORMS and 1099s and other income and expense
documentation.

.         LAST YEAR's FEDERAL AND STATE TAX RETURNS - if available, although
this last one is not mandatory

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to call me at (513)
668-6866 or e-mail me at emilypennington at fuse.net

I hope to see some of you there, and maybe even help you prepare your tax
return. In the meantime, have a great weekend, and stay warm!

Sincerely,

Emily