[Cinci-nfb] Need readers that can work with documents remotely (by email or fax)

Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting info at onhconsulting.com
Thu May 14 21:18:26 UTC 2015

Hello folks. I realize just posting this to the Cincinnati Chapter List
might be too restrictive, but I need a remote fax service or someone able to
read faxes or email documents remotely for my jog.

I need to occasionally read utility bills that come in from sales prospects.
These usually come in as scanned PDF images or via an eFax line that sends
to my email. Since the text quality of these bills is degraded and in
columns, they generally don't lend themselves to OCR scanning from a program
like Kurzweil 1000 or KNFB reader. What I need is for the sighted reader to
answer specific questions from the bill (i.e., invoice amount, utility,
alternative supplier, usage data, etc.). I'm not sure if CABVI can do this
as the bills don't come in on a set schedule. In the past, there was a
service available called Read this to Me that did exactly this, but the
service was discontinued some time ago. If anyone knows of a service or
individual that could do something similar, I'd appreciate it.

Very Best,

Chris.