[Cinci-nfb] voting experience today

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Tue Nov 3 18:28:08 UTC 2015

I used the accessible voting machine to vote today.  I have used it
several times.  Everything went fine until I tried to cast my vote on
issue 3.  I could not get a "yes" or "no" option.  I asked for help,
and, of course, everyone could see my "private" ballot.  I finished
the process and when it came time to submit the ballot it indicated I
had voted for Issue 3.  I never was given an option.  The people
working at the polling place contacted the Hamilton County election
office immediately.  No one is sure why this happened but they are
researching it.  I have 2 problems here:  1. I did not get to choose
which way I wanted to vote and 2.  my "private" ballot has now been
observed by different people.  I plan to contact NFB to let them know
about this problem.  Please let me know if anyone else had this same
issue.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053