[Cinci-nfb] voting experience today

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 4 00:27:46 UTC 2015

Marianne and all,
Just got in and trying to catch up on some of the day's email.
Everything was going fabulously (except that the guy who records our
information for the booths in Hamilton County reads like a kindergartner and
as slow as a snail), but it was all working -- until I came to issue Three.
The text was read.  Then, no choices.  Silence.  I finished with the other
issues, then returned to the reviewing.  I went through it twice, still
never offered an  option for yes or no on Issue Three, but the final review
stated a vote and it was the one I wanted.
My ride was already super late for his next appointment when we got to the
polls, so I felt that pressure.
I left, hoping my vote would be counted, feeling the same bewildered
confusion I felt last year.
I did not repot the problem to anyone there because, honestly, I needed  to
leave and figured no one would understand anyway.
My ballot seemed to be correct, but the setup was decidedly flawed.
Our accessible voting stinks!  It's been a decade now, and it doesn't get
any better.
It sounds pathetic, but I take some solace in reading that you, too, had
trouble with g
Etting your vote in on Issue Three.
Given the topic, I admit it made me a tad paranoid.
Deborah