[Cinci-nfb] We have an address!

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 3 18:10:37 UTC 2015

Greetings Cincinnati NFB,
All too often, I go about the business of the chapter, of the Federation as
a whole, and forget to tell anyone.  A thing needs doing, we get it done,
and we move on to do the next thing that requires attention.

That almost happened with our new address, which I secured for us on Monday,
but it is just so exciting that I am ordering myself to take a few moments
and share the news with you!

As promised, I went back to the post office Monday, this time with proof of
home ownership and my photo ID.
I filled out the application, paid $82 for the first year, and came away
with the keys to our very own NFB Cincinnati post office box!

Our address is:
NFB Cincinnati
P.O. Box 8184
Cincinnati, OH 45208

The post office I selected is in Hyde Park.  It is adjacent to Hyde Park
Square, a stone's throw from a Metro bus stop, and easily accessed by foot
or car.
The area where the post office boxes are is accessible 24 hours a day.
I am very pleased that we now have an actual address, and would like to ask
Chris Sabine and his committee to have more labels made soon, with the
addition of our new mailing address.

They should read like the original ones we designed, with the addition of
the PO Box.

Now, when we have flyers for fundraisers, membership recruitment, or events,
we can tell people where to send their money!  <smile>
The mat by the boxes reads:
"Welcome to your new address."
I share it with you because it is YOUR address and MY address.
It is the address of the National Federation of the blind of Cincinnati.

Deborah