[Cinci-nfb] Communication suggestion

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 29 02:24:43 UTC 2015

Dear Cincinnati NFB members,
First, thank those of you who were in attendance and for a fabulous and
productive meeting.
Secondly, there was a definite undercurrent of unrest at a few points, and
I've been trying to figure out how we might fix it.
We say we are like a family.
Certainly, all families have moments when all its members have trouble
agreeing.
As your leader, I believe I have accomplished much with our chapter in the
last two years - creating three strong committees, adding an email list
where we can have conversations outside meetings, securing a post office
box, growing our board to its full complement of seven members, and
increasing our membership significantly.
I love the NFB and I love serving each and every one of you.
If there are things that I or another officer or board member or the chapter
as a whole do or fail to do that displease you, I encourage you not to play
the telephone game, but to bring it to the entire group.
There is strength in solidarity and only weakness in discord.
My suggestion is this.
Could we ask one person outside the chapter to collect comments, complaints,
suggestions from members who submit them anonymously, and then look at them
together, as a group, and figure out how to make our family a stronger one?

My suggestion is that perhaps someone at the state level - Eric or Barbara
perhaps - would be willing to collect such comments for us, strip them of
the identity of their senders, and compile them into a list.
We then could look at the list as a group, address the concerns (or praises)
raised there, and put negativity on the shelf.
I have not asked either of them if they would do this for us, mind you, as I
am thinking this all pretty much at the spur of the moment.
I just want to put an end to any dissatisfaction that individuals might be
harboring, and move forward as the truly dynamic group I know us to be.
Only when we work together, collaboratively, and in a spirit of unity can we
enjoy genuine progress and accomplishment.
Please tell me privately or on this list what you think of the above idea,
and I will ask one of our state leaders to help.

Let's go build the Federation - together!

Deborah