[Cinci-nfb] Convention Transportation

Rachel Kuntz rachelrkuntz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 15:51:23 UTC 2016

By now I am sure that all of you have heard that our State Convention is
this Nov 11-13 in Independence, Ohio. I was at an event in Columbus last
weekend with Sheri Albers so I missed discussions about transportation
arrangements for convention. I need to be at the hotel on Thursday Nov. 10th
to help with convention setup and to be ready to go bright and early Friday
morning at the registration table. Mike will be driving to and from the
convention. We plan to head to Independence in the early afternoon. We are
open to the possibility of renting a large passenger van in the same fashion
as last year and can incorporate one stop at a destination in Cincinnati to
pick up those interested in joining us on this road trip. I have 7 people
who have expressed an interest already. They are Mike and Rachel Kuntz,
Deanna Lewis, Sheri Albers, Walter Mitchell, Paul Jordan, and Brent Thane.

After a morning's long search on the web and several phone calls, the van
company that we rented from last year is still the best deal in town. A 15
passenger van would cost $600 plus gas. This van does not have extra cargo
room so it really only seats about 12 people comfortably but we could
squeeze in extra people if needed. A 12 passenger van will cost $540 plus
gas. Last year, we had 9 in the van.

I have access to a minivan which holds 7 so if those attending have already
made other arrangements then I will not worry about renting the bigger van.
This is our 70th anniversary convention and it is packed full with fun and
exciting things that we should all take part in so I hope that more of us
are planning to go. Your thoughts about transportation options are
appreciated.

Speed Racer,

Rachel R. Kuntz

Board Member

937.245.0547 cell

 <mailto:rachelrkuntz at gmail.com> rachelrkuntz at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfbohio.org/> www.nfbohio.org

Live the life you want. Blindness is not what holds you back.