[Cinci-nfb] Filling vacant At-large Board Member position

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 18:06:15 UTC 2018

Hello Cincinnati Chpter Members,

With Annie Carson moving to North Carolina, we now have a vacancy in our
At-large Board Member position. The term of this position is open now, and
will continue until our next general election in November 2019. Any chapter
member in good standing is eligible to run for this position, whether they
are sighted or blind. Below is what our constitution says about filling
vacancies:

Article V, Section 2—Filling of Vacancies. Unless otherwise provided for in
this Constitution, any vacancies among the four (4) elected officers and
the three (3)at-large board members occurring between regular bi-annial
elections shall be filled by a member of the chapter appointed by the
President or elected by the membership.

Here is what I need to know so we can proceed; who is interested in running
for At-large Board Member? I would like to have all interested persons
known by our next meeting on September 22 and then have a Special Election
at our October 27, 2018 meeting.

Thank you all for your consideration to this matter.

Sheri Albers, President

National Federation of the Blind, Cincinnati Chapter