[Cinci-NFB] FW: Announcing: Teri Shirk, new President/CEO of CABVI

marianne at denningweb.com marianne at denningweb.com
Thu Mar 11 17:29:11 UTC 2021

I am sharing this.

From: CABVI <info at cincyblind.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2021 9:45 AM
To: marianne at denningweb.com
Subject: Announcing: Teri Shirk, new President/CEO of CABVI

  <http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=f4876294-67cd-4af3-b49a-16a233a31b3e&a=1111218558233&c=2c3b79c0-0b73-11e8-994d-d4ae529a8612&ch=2cbb0a00-0b73-11e8-9965-d4ae529a8612>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

 <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001j_saA_PuSuOAlA5z1NPm6xE7jcpe-TR22ay6Jj-yPmiU9TxhUaZSX8k6IuCM2Bq3RFMoAs6isqdtsdOOsQzOWKafCWWNEeSgLMAS3qUBNirx-V2NP1sTwDnECdC8ItKNGwpbIrQTFh4G0zs47MSnWg==&c=6HjUAgBhWikjmDRRdIJLanz8HMQgJ-jfDK06lycfx6AK_u33rLSyjA==&ch=SP9oVw5ARqkJfsFWjAyV-fryuVgIZQMpme9PmgNTZDZq1QdFsuo13Q==>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

  <https://files.constantcontact.com/91599c9b201/fd49b284-11da-4168-b034-ee1760ff6d30.jpg>

We are pleased to announce that Teri Shirk has been selected as the new agency President/CEO of CABVI. Shirk will assume the role of President/CEO on March 15, 2021. Dennis Dern, previous Board Chair, has been serving as Interim President/CEO since September 2020 while CABVI’s Board of Trustees and a search committee completed an extensive nation-wide recruitment process.

“CABVI is pleased that Teri brings with her a strong background in nonprofit human services that includes working with people who are blind and visually impaired,” says Dennis Dern. “Combining her experience and passion for this work makes Teri an ideal choice to lead CABVI.”

Shirk was previously the Vice President of Program Services at Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley. She had been there since 2017, providing strategic direction, vision, and administrative oversight for a $12 million program services division within a $50 million local nonprofit serving individuals with disabilities and people living in poverty. Shirk has led a large team serving 17,000 individuals in a variety of programs including workforce development, aging, behavioral health, vision loss, and services specifically for people with disabilities.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

“I am honored to have been selected as CABVI’s new President/CEO and look forward to helping the agency successfully navigate these challenging times,” says Shirk. “My goal is to apply my practical leadership expertise, strategic vision, and a fresh perspective to help the agency move forward into a bright future.”

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

With 30 years of experience in nonprofit management, Shirk held progressively responsible leadership positions at Clovernook Center for the Blind & Visually Impaired, Miami Valley Industries, and the Alzheimer’s Association. Shirk earned her bachelor’s degree in Psychology and her master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Cincinnati. She is a resident of West Chester, Ohio.

Please join CABVI's Board of Trustees in welcoming Teri Shirk to our community.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

  <https://files.constantcontact.com/91599c9b201/94c0033b-862f-42e7-b89a-bec7b54df3c2.png>

Dennis W. Dern

Interim President/CEO

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

  <https://files.constantcontact.com/91599c9b201/4dfddb6b-a1e5-41c2-bb86-a9843b76d373.png>

Glen G. Vogel

Interim Board Chair

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

 <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001j_saA_PuSuOAlA5z1NPm6xE7jcpe-TR22ay6Jj-yPmiU9TxhUaZSX8k6IuCM2Bq3RFMoAs6isqdtsdOOsQzOWKafCWWNEeSgLMAS3qUBNirx-V2NP1sTwDnECdC8ItKNGwpbIrQTFh4G0zs47MSnWg==&c=6HjUAgBhWikjmDRRdIJLanz8HMQgJ-jfDK06lycfx6AK_u33rLSyjA==&ch=SP9oVw5ARqkJfsFWjAyV-fryuVgIZQMpme9PmgNTZDZq1QdFsuo13Q==> www.cincyblind.org

Cincinnati Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired

2045 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45202

812.221.8558

  <https://files.constantcontact.com/91599c9b201/452a656c-083d-49ca-ad6b-69b8796a52ae.png>

Cincinnati Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired | 2045 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45202

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001E_6ESX2oYrwuGVLnNWw09w%3D&ch=2cbb0a00-0b73-11e8-9965-d4ae529a8612&ca=f4876294-67cd-4af3-b49a-16a233a31b3e> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Customer Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:info at cincyblind.org> info at cincyblind.org powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE> Try email marketing for free today!