[Coagdu] Fw: [NFB_Colorado_guide_dog_users] meeting minutes from 3-9-14

melissa R green graduate56 at juno.com
Fri Apr 4 22:39:50 UTC 2014

Have a blessed day.
Best Wishes
Melissa R. Green and Pj

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marty Rahn" <marty.rahn at juno.com>
To: <nfb_colorado_guide_dog_users at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 3:53 PM
Subject: [NFB_Colorado_guide_dog_users] meeting minutes from 3-9-14

Hi All,

Here are the minutes from la/ months meeting.

3-9-14

The meeting was called to order at 1:10 PM. People present were Melissa,
Marty, Shon, and Beth. The minutes  were approved as posted to the listserv.
Melissa sent out a draft agenda for our May seminar. The consensus was that
the agenda was fine. We will ask for any corrections for the agenda to be
sent to the list once people have a chance to review it so that we can
discuss them. We discussed getting our flyer up on Newsline and advertising
through AINC. We will send out the flyer to rehab counselors and pumpy
raising clubs throughout the state. We will  print out a few  physical
copies to have at the CCB to give out to people. Shon has put in a call to
the Littleton Cafe and Luis's Diner and is still waiting to hear  back from
them. The food committee has not met yet. We discussed contacting either
Cudoba or Chipotle since they cater as other possible options with Noodles
being a last resort once we have a firm number of participants. On the
donation front, Melissa has received the Tax ID number for our division.
Beth has gone to Dog Savie and the owner said that he would be willing to
donate things for our seminar. She will also go to Lewis and Bark and some
other places to ask about donations. Shon has received materials from
Freedom, Seeing Eye, Guide Dog Foundation, and Leader. We still need to hear
from GDB though Beth says that she has literature that she can print out. We
also don't have anything from Guiding Eyes Guide dogs of the Desert, Pilon
dogs, Southeastern Guide Dogs or Fidelco. Shon said that the Seeing Eye is
sending about 50 pieces of literature and so he will need some help putting
packets together. Beth said that she  could help with this project. Brad may
be able to help also according to Beth. They ara also sending a tote bag, a
wind chiime and a plush golden retriever stuffed animal. We decided to rafle
off the stuffed animal. We then moved to another brief discussion of the
agenda for the seminar. Beth said that we needed to finalize who would be
presenting for each presentation. People are saying that they are  unsure
about who they need to contact. Melissa will compile a list of people and
who they are supposed to contact and send out this info to the list.
Regarding fundraising, the Denver Chapter has given our division $125 which
we very much appreciate. Melissa is gning in on Thursday, 3/13 to talk with
Wellsfargo about our account and setting it up so that we do not keep
getting charged fees. Beth suggested looking into an online bank called
Simple. Beth will conduct some research  into this prospect in case
Wellsfargo will not work with us. Melissa has sent  all  of the required
documents to Amaoon in order to get our division on  to Amazon Smile. She
said that we should be up there soon. Shon talked about putting together a
snack pack for dogs and humans to sell at our state convention. Beth will
look up dogie sreat recipes and Shon said that he may be able to make some
dried meat snacks. He said that we will also have a basket of Avon to rafle
off at our May seminar. We briefly talked about purchasing some pollo shirts
at some point also to sell in order to obtain funds. We discussed sesting up
a small fundraiser in ordou to raise money to help defray unexpected costs
from the seminar. It was suggested that we sell candy such as skittles, or
even to have a barbecue and sell hot dogs or brauts perhaps at the Wallmart
in Englewood. Beth, Melissa and Shon will be on the committee to set up the
barbecue. We briefly returned to discussing the Seeing Eye and their
potentially presenting at our 'state convention. Shon said that the woman he
had spoken with had asked him the following questions that he put to those
of us on the call. How many people are we expecting at the convention? Do we
expect guide dog users or people looking to get dogs? What are the dates of
the convention and when would be the time during which we would want to
present the seminar? Will we have other guide dog schools there and travel
instructors there to do travel presentations? Will a representative of a
school be granted any time to do a presentation? We will collect the
information on this and Shon will relay it back in the  next couple of
months. Shon also asked  about putting together a newsletter for our group
called the Waterdish. Beth and Jenny said that they would help with
proofreading articles. We decided that we wanted the first edition to go out
in August after our first seminar and before state convention. We decided to
try to have two issues a year. Some ideas of topics we may include in this
newsletter are upcoming events, misccceptions abguide dogs, a q and a
section and birthdays or anniversaries for dogs and their handlers. We also
briefly discussed developing a brochure for our division. Shon will ask
Julie about ideas for getting them printed. The members of the food
committee will coordinate amongst themselves to set up a meeting to discuss
food options for ouof May seminar. The next meeting was scheduled for Sunday
APRIL 6 at 1:00 PM. The meeting was adjourned at 2:20 PM.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty rahn Secretary,
Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users
Fast-Growing Industry
A New Player In The Booming Bottled Water Market.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/533f29f48ae0d29f3670cst04vuc

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: