[COAGDU] [Colorado-Talk] Great news! All paws on deck!

Raul A. Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Fri Sep 17 15:00:20 UTC 2021

Hi, if you are referring to paying dues, you get several benefits. First
and foremost, you get a voice. This means that as a dues-paying member,
you get to have a say in how elections go. When you participate in
electing your leaders, you have a voice. membership is the cornerstone
of the NFB. While the National Federation of the Blind offers a lot of
nice things for blind people, it cannot exist without membership.

Second, dues can go toward the overall cost of funding the organization.
While dues are not a fund-raiser, they can help the local chapter or
division with a little maintenance. Other organizations have dues that
people must pay to be members. Think of unions, various clubs, ETC.

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,
*Raul A. Gallegos* / President
National Association of Guide Dog Users, /NAGDU/
346.439.7444 | RGallegos at nagdu.org <mailto:rgallegos at nagdu.org>
Subscribe to the NAGDU Public Events Calendar Here
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/nagdu.org_7eopjofhnd4968m46rcmgrck0s%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics>
Schedule a 30-minute Zoom meeting with me here
<https://app.greminders.com/c/rgatechsolutions/r30/>
Join NAGDU on Facebook <https://m.facebook.com/groups/nagdu> | Follow
NAGDU on Twitter <https://twitter.com/nagdu>

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan