[Colorado-talk] National Convention hotel reservations

Lisa Bonderson lbonderson at cocenter.org
Fri May 15 20:59:30 UTC 2009

Greetings,
We have just been informed that the NFB block at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance has sold out. Following is the contact information for the overflow hotel, as well as a message from NFB of Michigan President Fred Wurtzel regarding the Courtyard by Marriott.
If you have not already reserved your hotel room, I suggest that you do so as soon as possible.
Lisa
NFB of Colorado

Courtyard® by Marriott® Detroit Downtown
333 East Jefferson Ave Detroit, Michigan 48226
Phone:  1-313-222-7700

Message from Fred Wurtzel:
Hello,
The overflow hotel is the Marriott Courtyard.  It is connected to the convention hotel by an over-the-street walkway.  The overflow is very convenient, has a very nice restaurant and is connected to a nice shopping
area, in addition to the shopping in the main hotel.  People who stay in the overflow, will not experience problems.  In fact, during heavy elevator use, the overflow may be a little more convenient.
Michigan had our Spring board meeting last weekend at the convention hotel. Plans are coming along very nicely.  We are looking forward to hosting all of you in July.  The facility is wonderful, the food is reasonable, the city is full of great entertainment spots and everything is very convenient in and outside the hotel.  The March for Independence will be a pleasant and memorable event with excellent surroundings including enjoyment of the riverfront.  All and all, it will be a fabulous convention.  Get everyone to register and come.
Warmest Regards,
Fred Wurtzel