[Colorado-talk] Emily Griffith Opportunity School

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 21:35:02 UTC 2010

Hi, guys.
I've been asked to post the following statements on this list.  I
thought it would be appropriate to tell you guys about something
that happened to one of our fellow CCB alumni while he was out
downtown in Denver.  I was talking to him, and he said clearly
that there was a discrimination issue going on.  I asked, "What
discrimination isue?"  He said that the Emily Griffith
Opportunities/Vocational School was not able to provide materials
for his advanced English classes.  FYI: this ude is a refugee
from Somalia and Kenya, and needs English skills to work in the
workforce effectively.  He and another potential CCB student also
from Somalia are doomed to fail at Emily Griffith, and they may
need to pay or use Rehab to pay for college classes in English
grammar.  I don't feel this is quite right.  What do you guys
think?
Beth