[Colorado-talk] Bolder Valley Chapter Pre-Convention Tours

Lorinda Riddle lriddle at cocenter.org
Tue Sep 28 16:44:53 UTC 2010

BOULDER VALLEY CHAPTER PRE-CONVENTION TOURS

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Noon to 6:00 p.m.

            The Boulder Valley chapter is proud to be hosting this year's
state convention.  As part of our convention activities, we are pleased to
offer an afternoon tour on Thursday, October 28.  The tour will be leaving
the Millennium Harvest House at noon and return before 6 pm.

We will be visiting the Audio Information Network of Colorado (AINC), where
we will learn about the inner workings of our state's multi-faceted
information service for blind and other print disabled people.  We will tour
the recording studios and control room and learn about all of the ways to
access its services.  We will enjoy light refreshments while meeting David
Dawson and members of his staff.

We will also be visiting the Unseen Bean coffee roaster, where we will meet
Gerry Leary, one of the country's first blind coffee roasters.  We will have
a hands-on roasting experience and sample his wonderful coffee.

After these first two stops, the group will have the choice of either going
to the National Center for Atmospheric Research or Celestial Seasonings.
Selection of third tour must be decided in advance!

Those who choose to go to the National Center for Atmospheric Research will
learn about the world's weather and climate with interactive exhibits and
hands-on experiments.  You will also see one of the nation's first Cray
computers which is too big to be believed.

Those who choose to visit Celestial Seasonings, will experience the
multi-sensory world of tea manufacturing.  You will tour the plant, learn
the history of the company, and enjoy the tasting areas and gift shop.

The tours are free but each person will need to pay $20 to cover
transportation costs.  Reservations can be made by contacting Lisa Bonderson
at  <mailto:lbonderson at slabarrelaw.com> lbonderson at slabarrelaw.com or by
calling her at 303-504-5979.  RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN
OCTOBER 15.  There needs to be a minimum attendance of fifteen participants
for the tour to take place.

Come and experience a few of the delights of Boulder.  We look forward to
seeing you here.

Lorinda Ann Riddle

Coordinator of Special Projects

National Federation of the Blind