[Colorado-talk] Fw: The Life and Legacy of James Worley

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Thu May 19 22:09:14 UTC 2011

Greetings, please see the below message from Kevan Worley, our First Vice President here in Colorado.  His father, James Worley, passed away yesterday, May 18th.  When he lived here, Jim was a member of our affiliate and helped us build.  He was a great friend and always willing to help in whatever capacity he could.  Please keep Kevan, his mother Darlene, and the rest of the Worley family in your thoughts and prayers.
Scott

Subject: The Life and Legacy of James Worley

Greetings,

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=James-Worley&lc=4727&pid=151133050&mid=4676749&locale=en-US

Please feel free to forward the attached link to anyone you think might wish to have it. Many are aware that my father has been ill for quite some time. He was loved by family, friends, many communities, many organizations… and of course, the National Federation of the Blind. On Wednesday May 18th my father, decorated Army Veteran, passed away. I am amazed at the number of Federationist’s who are expressing their high regard for dad. I should not be surprised. Although dad was sighted, he and my mother organized at least two local Chapters. He was a significant contributor to the campaign which built the NFB-Jernigan Institute and is remembered on that ‘Wall of Honor’. He attended several BLAST conferences, many state conventions and at least ten national conventions. Wherever dad traveled he found blind people and brought them to the movement. Dad worked to get several pharmacies to participate in the script-talk program, and he helped obtain money so that seniors could get the talking prescription reader. He was the best raffle ticket and snack pack salesman. Upon his death he left money to the NFB. He supported Dwight Sayer in founding the National Federation of the Blind-Veterans and this former First Sergeant served on that Board. All of that was just his Federation work.

Anyone who would like information about his life of humble origins and legacy of love can please read the attached obituary. If you want information about service arrangements or information about how to contribute to the National Federation of the Blind-Veterans, you will find it in the obituary.

Mom, Bridget, and I thank you.

“FRIEND” ME ON  ‼!

             www.worleyenterprises.com

1837 S Nevada Ave, PMB 243, Colorado Springs, CO 80905

Office: (1-866)543-6808

Cell:     (303)929-2369

Fax:     (719)527-0129