[Colorado-talk] For All Coloradans Attending National Convention

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri Jun 22 00:35:14 UTC 2012

Greetings Coloradans:

I wanted to let all those who are attending this year's national convention
from Colorado know that Colorado will Caukus at 7:15 am on Monday July 2nd
in the Emrold Room of the Hilton Anatol which is located in the Tower Lobby.
The caucus will conclude by 8:30 am so that we can all make it to the
National Board of Directors Meeting which begins at 9:00 am.  If you wish to
sit with your fellow Coloradans at the Banquet, bring your banquet ticket to
this meeting.  Julie Deden will collect the tickets and turn them into
banquet exchange immediately Tuesday morning so that Colorado will be as
near to the front of the banquet room as possible.

Note to recipients of affiliate financial assistance and NFB Colorado
Scholarship winners, this meeting is mandatory just like your shifts in the
Exhibit hall or the Colorado Table or scholarship mentoring assignments.  We
will discuss convention logistics, introduce ourselves, and organize
affiliate activities like the sale of our vacation raffle tickets.  All
members of the Colorado affiliate are requested to help sell these tickets
and recipiants of financial assistance are required to do so.  We will have
these raffle tickets ready for distribution at the meeting.

I know our caucus is early this year, but it was impossible to schedule this
meeting without conflicting with something else major on the agenda and
tough to secure space large enough to have the meeting at another time.
Colorado caucuses are always high spirited and full of energy and a great
way to kick off convention.  You may be interested to know that Colorado has
some 119  individuals  preregistered for the Convention.  This is
outstanding and our numbers should  grow while in Dallas.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Dallas.  If you need to reach me
prior to convention, please email slabarre at labarrelaw.com or call 303
504-5979.

See you in Big D!

Scott C. LaBarre, President

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado