[Colorado-talk] FW: Further UPDATE NFB of Colorado State Convention Information

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Sun Oct 7 15:18:41 UTC 2012

Happy Sunday to Everyone:

I wanted to resend the below information about our 58th Annual State
Convention and also let you know that we have an extended deadline for hotel
reservations.  All room reservations must be made by October 12th or we lose
our room block.  We are doing pretty well in terms of filling up the rooms
but I know many of you haven't made your reservation yet.  If you wait until
after the 12th, getting you a room will prove challenging.

Thanks,

Scott C. LaBarre, President

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

*********
Greetings Friends:

I write you this fine, fall Colorado morning with a few updates.  First, our
State Convention is less than a month away.  It is very important that you
make your hotel reservations and preregister for the Convention ASAP.  The
hotel can't hold our room block much longer.  Information on how to contact
the hotel is in the message from Jessica Beecham I have reprinted below.
Additionally, you need to preregister for the Convention by October 15th in
order to save yourself up to $25 in registration and meal fees.  Again, that
specific information on how to do preregistration is below.  You can
accomplish both of these tasks on line or by calling.

I know that a number of you have requested financial assistance.  We will be
processing those requests this coming week and checks should go  out  by end
of week.

The general outline of the activities  described in Jessica's message below
are correct but we have a few changes.  This year, we won't be doing an
employment seminar but rather an independent travel and orientation and
mobility seminar on Friday afternoon where all aspects of travel will be
discussed.  Additionally, Jessica Beecham will be running a chapter
development and membership recruitment seminar on Friday afternoon as well.
Also, I should note that Saturday's luncheon won't be a luncheon, exactly;
rather, we will have boxed lunches available and folks can pick those up on
their way to the various break out meetings offered on Saturday.  The
general session will conclude at 12:30 and we will head off to  the various
meetings.  The Convention agenda will be done  early in the week of October
8th and we will  post it to this email list as well as to our website.

On another note, we will be drawing the winning ticket for our Amazing
Vacation Travel Raffle at our annual banquet, October 27th.  We need to sell
as many tickets as possible so that we can continue our Scholarship and BELL
Programs.  I urge all of you to email all your contacts and direct people to
our website to buy these tickets.  I know doing so can take a bit of time
but your effort is well worth it.  Yesterday, I emailed over 2000 people and
I hope that it has triggered some activity.  Please direct people to
www.nfbco.org and the vacation travel raffle link is on our home page.  Of
course, our members are welcome to purchase as many chances as they like but
this fundraiser is largely targeted at  those outside the organization
because there are so many friends, family, and colleagues we all have.
Everything can be done on line and done in a matter of minutes, making this
one of the easiest fundraisers to sell.  We need your help!

Thank you very much for your attention.  I hope you have a splendid weekend
and go Broncos!

Scott C. LaBarre, President

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

*UPDATE*

NFB of Colorado State Convention

October 25-28th

Millennium Harvest house Hotel

Boulder, CO

Please read the following update for the most up to date information about
the NFB of Colorado State Convention on October 25-28th in Boulder,
Colorado!

The NFB of Colorado is working hard to plan and deliver an awesome state
convention that will exceed your expectations!  In order to do so, we have
to make sure that you have some very important pieces of information.

Dates to Remember:

.       September 15th:  Pre registration began.  Pre-registration can be
completed by going to our website at  <http://www.nfbco.org> www.nfbco.org,
going to the NFBCO State Convention link and then going to the
pre-registration link.

Pre-Registration Rates

Registration-$15.00

Friday Luncheon-$15.00

Saturday Luncheon-$15.00

Banquet-$30.00

Total-$75.00

NOTE:  There are two forms on this page, the first one is for
preregistration.  Complete this form and find the continue button to go to
the payment page.  DO NOT CONTINUE TO THE SECOND FORM FOR SPONSORS AND
EXHIBITORS.  If you are planning to be a sponsor or exhibitor please
complete the second form and DO NOT complete the first pre-registration
form.  If you need assistance with registration, please contact Lisa
Bonderson at  <mailto:lbonderson at labarrelaw.com> lbonderson at labarrelaw.com
or 303-504-5979

.       October 1st:  Last day to reserve your hotel room at the special
rate of $85.00 per night (no limit on room occupancy).  To reserve your room
at the Millennium Harvest House Hotel, please call 800-545-6285.  BE SURE TO
MENTION THAT YOU ARE WITH THE NFB OF COLORADO STATE CONVENTION.

To book your room online visit the following link:
<http://www.millenniumhotels.com/boulder>
http://www.millenniumhotels.com/boulder then selects Group Code, under the
Corp/Promo Code and enter: 1210NATFED

.       October 15th:  LAST DAY OF PRE REGISTRATION

.       October 16th:  General registration begins.

General Registration Rates:

Registration- $20.00

Friday Luncheon-$20.00

Saturday Luncheon-$20.00

Banquet-$40.00

              Total:  $100.00

              NOTE:  Be sure to pre-register to save $25.00

NOTE:  If you are planning to ride the bus leaving and returning to
Littleton, please contact Lisa Bonderson at
<mailto:lbonderson at labarrelaw.com> lbonderson at labarrelaw.com.

Convention Weekend Outline!

Thursday Morning-Early Afternoon:  Boulder Tours

NOTE:  Tour availability is determined by interest level so if you are
interested in participating in one of the exciting tour opportunities
offered by the Boulder Valley Chapter, please submit your name to Maryanne
Migliorelli at  <mailto:mrsmigs at migliorelli.org> mrsmigs at migliorelli.org.
Please do this ASAP!!!

Thursday Late Afternoon:  The History of NFB of Colorado.  During this
seminar, special guests including Mary Ellen Jernigan will discuss the
history of the National Federation of the blind of Colorado, our
accomplishments and achievements, and how we got to be the thriving
affiliate we are today.

Thursday Night:  Thursday night we will have a social event.  If the weather
permits, the event will include a bonfire in the hotels fire pit.  If the
weather is not as nice our social event will be held inside.

Friday 8:00-10:00:  Exhibit Hall:  A variety of venders will be available to
share information about their products.  Whether you need information about
technology, how to stay active in Colorado, or how to be a dynamic and
effective leader; we will have exhibitors to meet your needs.

Friday 10:00-Lunch:  General Sessions:  During this time we will have
exciting and dynamic speakers including persons from Department of
Vocational Rehabilitation, state representatives, United States Association
of Blind Athletes, and much more!  Our state president Scott LaBarre will
give the NFB of Colorado report.  Speakers and sessions will be diverse and
will serve as a means to keep us informed about Colorado Happenings!

Friday Luncheon:  Meet the Scholarship Class:  This luncheon will give us
the opportunity to meet the NFB of Colorado Scholarship Class of 2012.  This
is a dynamic group of individuals who and it will be a pleasure to get to
know them better!

Friday Afternoon:  Seminars:  On Friday afternoon we will have interactive
seminars on a variety of topics including health and fitness, employment,
technology, and much more!

Friday Reception and Hollywood Party:  The Boulder Valley Chapter will be
rolling out the red carpets for the Hollywood style reception and after
party.  There will be an MC who will be describing the happenings of the
evening and we have even been told that celebrities should watch out for the
paparazzi.  During the evening, there will be lots of Hollywood themed games
for children and adults, Oscar awards will be presented, and much more.

NOTE:  Please come dressed as your favorite Hollywood Celebrity, musician,
movie character, book character, TV character, etc.  If you do not want to
come in costume, you can impersonate your celebrity/character.  Costume and
impersonation awards will be presented.

Friday Night:    During the fun and festivities Friday night, there will be
a silent auction. Other items will be auctioned throughout the weekend.
Several items will be auctioned at the banquet.

Friday Night:  Resolutions Committee Meeting:  A resolutions committee
meeting will take place on Friday evening.

NOTE:  If you have a resolution or an idea for a resolution please submit to
Brent Batron  <mailto:bbatron at cocenter.org> bbatron at cocenter.org or Tom
Anderson  <mailto:tanderson at cocenter.org> tanderson at cocenter.org ASAP!

Saturday Morning:  General Sessions:  During the Saturday General session we
will hear reports from our National Representative, Anil Lewis, the Colorado
Center for the Blind, and more.  We will also have a special presentation
from our guest Mary Ellen Jernigan.  There will be a "My Blindness Myself"
panel as well as a presentation about our Goodwill Industries protests.

Saturday Luncheon:  During our working luncheon, we will have exciting
speakers and topics that will keep us busy while enjoying a delicious midday
meal.

Saturday Afternoon:  Division meetings:  This is an exciting time for our
divisions and special interest groups to get together for seminars and
annual business meetings.

Saturday Banquet:  A delicious meal will be served, awards will be
presented, the winning ticket for the Amazing Vacation Travel Raffle will be
drawn, and Anil Lewis, our National Representative, will give the keynote
address.  A fun time will be had by all!

NOTE:  ONCE AGAIN, THE WINNING VACATION RAFFLE TICKET WILL BE DRAWN AT THE
BANQUET!!!  This means it is time for us to sell sell sell!!!  Send out
e-mail blasts, blast your facebook, tweet tweet tweet on twitter, send group
messages to everyone in your phone, and do whatever you need to do to SELL
THOSE TICKETS!!!  Currently NFBCO is able to provide many great programs and
lots of financial assistance to the blind of Colorado.  WE CANNOT DO THIS
WITHOUT MONEY!!!  We need YOUR help to sell these tickets and have an
extremely successful fundraiser!  If you need assistance setting up blasts
via e-mail, twitter, facebook, phone, etc. please feel free to contact
Jessica Beecham at  <mailto:jbeecham at cocenter.org> jbeecham at cocenter.org or
303-778-1130 ext. 223.  You can also contact Lisa Bonderson at
<mailto:lbonderson at labarrelaw.com> lbonderson at labarrelaw.com or
303-504-5979.

Saturday Social Hour:  NFB of Colorado will enjoy a spectacular performance
by Ann's Band!

Sunday Morning:  There will be a few sessions in the morning including the
annual business meeting.  At the business meeting, elections will be held,
resolutions will be adopted, and more.

If you have questions or need assistance with registration, booking hotel
rooms, etc. please contact Lisa Bonderson at
<mailto:lbonderson at labarrelaw.com> lbonderson at labarrelaw.com or
303-504-5979.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT CONVENTION!!!

Jessica Beecham

Chapter and Community Development Coordinator

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

2233 West Shepperd Ave.

Littleton, CO 80120

 <mailto:jbeecham at nfbco.org> jbeecham at nfbco.org

303-778-1130 extension 223