[Colorado-talk] Public Input Invited for Colorado Springs 2013 City Budget at e-Town Hall

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Sat Oct 13 01:14:51 UTC 2012

Our City's Public Transit & Paratransit Is In Danger!

Hello Again, All,

Below is a notice on the upcoming Town Hall meeting regarding Colorado
Springs' budget for 2013. They give 6 ways you can give your input and share
your thoughts with the council, including by e-mail or by phone.

Please, anyone here that lives in the Colorado Springs region, please take a
moment in the coming week, before next
Thursday's city meeting, and please give your input in at least 1 of the 6
ways given below. I'll even say 'please' 1 more time if it'll help. ;-)

One rather large, looming issue right now is funding for the city bus
system (and Metro Mobility). Please take a few minutes and be sure to tell
them to make sure they
add funds to the transit budget for 2013 rather than cut bus transportation
further.

Keep in mind that just a few months ago Mayor Bach said, while trying to get
rid of FREX, that the money saved by cutting FREX would be put into
expanding the local bus system. But right after FREX disappeared, I asked
him about his quote while we were at a Town Hall meeting -- and his story
now is that there were no "savings" from getting rid of FREX, that his city
was losing money on it since the grant ran out.

Our rides are in danger. Yes, they've extended evening hours
recently, you may have seen on the news. But it's still far less than is
needed, or wanted, or has been promised. We need more hours in the evenings,
and more bus routes overall. Please contact them below, and tell them you
are a citizen and you want more money put into the transit system in the
2013 budget.

And may God bless your efforts.

To Accessible Equality!
Everett

Public input invited for 2013 City budget at e-town hall
Budget
10/11/2012

The annual public e-town hall meeting to receive input on the City of
Colorado Springs budget will take place on Thursday, October 18 from 5
– 7:30 p.m. Citizens are invited to participate any one of the
following ways:

.Attend in person at City Council Chambers, City Hall, 107 N. Nevada Avenue.
Those wishing to speak at the meeting may sign up in person beginning at 3
p.m.;

.Watch the meeting live on SpringsTV, cable channel 18, or
www.SpringsGov.com;

.Phone in comments to 385-5961;

.Email ideas and comments to 2013springsbudget at springsgov.com;

.Facebook ideas and comments at Facebook.com/springsgov;

.Tweet ideas and comments @springsgov.

Members of City Council will take comments, ideas and other input from
citizens.  Input submitted electronically will be read aloud as time allows.

For more information, contact the Budget Office at 385-5970 or visit
www.SpringsGov.com/budget.

# # #