[Colorado-talk] for all you considering a Florida vacation

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 26 16:25:57 UTC 2013

Hey, this is something I'm considering for down the road.  After I heard
some weird stuff going on at Disney, something about the disabled not
being allowed at the front of the lines or something, I was considering
Universal Studios as a vacation destination in Florida where I used to
live.  I want to bring Blake with me, my boyfriend however is also
blind, so I was thinking what are you all's experiences at both parks?
I thought Universal had a good setup, but if th estandard line is too
long, it's too long at Universal, so I thought, ok, Disney's setup is
somewhat better. Plus the Contemporary Resort Hotel has a monorail
station at the bottom, right there if I can remember.  Do any of you
people want to share your experiences with the big huge theme parks and
what we should try?  Aslo, any websites that tell us how to save money
on a vacation would be helpful, especially if geared toward blind
travelers.  Since hotels don't have accommodating microwaves, for
instance, that are labeled so we can make our own food, we're stuck
buying it from the outside.  THat sort of thing.  Any suggestions would
be good.  I'm considering us doing this in two years, so that way we can
save up some money or if we get the package as a gift or something.  It
would be a good way to celebrate an anniversary or wedding if taht ever
happened.
Beth