[Colorado-talk] PPCC says you have to have sight to work in childcare with them?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Sun Jun 14 20:10:55 UTC 2015

So, what say you, people, when a college
work-study program tells us, in their
applications, that to do childcare for them you
must be able to see?

This is what our daughter, Rebekah, is
experiencing right now. She's tried getting ahold
of our leadership in Colorado, but hasn't been
having much luck, it seems, if I'm understanding
the situation correctly. If I'm not, please
forgive me. But now, she's almost out of time,
because she has a deadline.

So even if it ends up being too late to help
Rebekah with her situation, I'm throwing this out
there for public knowledge, that Pike's Peak
Community College (PPCC) has this requirement
written out in their applications. You apparently
have to see to be competent to do childcare. Who
knew? Someone should tell the hundreds if not
thousands of blind parents  - maybe more in this
country, I'm not sure - that if they are blind,
hey, they shouldn't be taking care of their
children. I mean, who knows what might happen to
those poor kids? At least, that seems to be the
conclusion of the leadership at PPCC. They say you
must be able to see, to work in childcare with
them. Even though Rebekah's major is Early
Childhood Education, and she was absolutely born
to work with kiddos. Just sayin. ;-)

Strive On!
Everett
everett at everettgavel.com