[Colorado-talk] 38 days until our NFBCO Convention

Lisa Bonderson lbonderson at cocenter.org
Mon Sep 21 16:36:34 UTC 2015

Greetings Everyone!

We are now 38 days from our State Convention and I wanted to remind everyone to make their reservations.  The below information indicates that tomorrow is the last day to reserve your hotel room.  We will be able to extend this date but please make your reservation as soon as absolutely possible so that you can take advantage of our convention negotiated rate.

I also wanted to give you some additional information.  Convention activities will begin Thursday afternoon  around 3:00 pm with a leadership and wellness event sponsored by our Sports and Recreation Division.  My understanding is that there will be six separate breakout sessions combining leadership training with movement and wellness tips and strategies.  This will be a high energy, motivational  experience.  There will be tracks designed for all levels of ability and  interest.  These  programs will be followed by a chapter development session where we learn about our state chapters and divisions and how to sustain and grow our chapters and divisions.  We will wrap up  Thursday evening with a networking social so that we can catch up with old friends and meet new ones.

Friday morning will kick off with registration and our exhibitors.  We will have special contests throughout exhibit hall hours, and to participate, you will need to visit each booth and then enter your proof of visitation into the NFBCO hat for special door prize drawings.  We will also hold the Resolutions Committee meeting during the morning.  Late Friday morning will mark the beginning of our opening general session and luncheon where we will hear several special presentations and items of interest to our members.  Friday afternoon will feature several breakout sessions in several different areas including a special tour to the Olympic Training Center.  Friday evening is mostly occupied by a sponsor and exhibitor reception followed by various social events being planned by our C. Springs Chapter.

Saturday will start with our second general session where we will take up our national report, state presidential report, My Blindness, Myself, a report from our Colorado Center for the Blind, and much more.  Saturday afternoon will feature a nuts and bolts legislative seminar followed by our traditional division meetings such as the students, parents of blind children, seniors, guide dog, merchants, and other divisions.  Saturday evening will start off with our pre-banquet social followed, of course, by our annual banquet where we will hear our keynote address and other special award presentations and otherwise celebrate our sixty years of success.

Sunday morning will be our third general session where we take up a few more special items followed by our business session including resolutions, financial reports, and elections.  As usual, Convention will adjourn by 11:47 am.

Our National Representative this year is Mark Riccobono, President of the NFB, who will be accompanied by his wife, Melissa, Immediate Past President of the NFB of Maryland.  It is a great honor and special privilege to have our national President with us for the convention, and he has Colorado ties in that he is a proud graduate of our very own CCB.  President Riccobono will be delivering our National Report and the Keynote Address at the Banquet.

We are arranging transportation from the Denver area to C. Springs starting Thursday afternoon at about noon.  Buses will leave our CCB and head down to the Antlers Hilton at that time.  We are also setting up a bus leaving Friday morning as well.  All buses will return Sunday afternoon right after convention adjourns.

Much more will be coming out in the next week regarding the specifics of convention, but I wanted to remind everyone regarding pertinent deadlines.  Please see below regarding hotel information and preregistration.

Warmly,
Scott
***

 LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT!
THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND<http://www.nfbco.org/>
OF COLORADO<http://www.nfbco.org/>

61st ANNUAL STATE CONVENTION
October 29 through November 1

The 61st Annual State Convention will kick off Thursday evening, October 29 in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado.  The fun will continue all weekend long with exhibitors, informative presentations, seminars, and much more!  Join the largest gathering of blind men and women in Colorado to make a difference in the lives of the blind across the state!  Our very special guest and national representative shall be Mark Riccobono, President of our national organization.

NOTE:  Exhibitors will be demonstrating their products on Friday and Saturday.  Look for information about our vendor times and location.

THE NFBCO CONVENTION HOTEL:  Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs is located at 4 South Cascade, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903.

The original Antlers opened its doors in 1873 and is located in the historically significant and trendy area of downtown Colorado Springs, the Antlers Hilton hotel is just one block from the major downtown area of Tejon Street.

HOTEL ROOM RATES:    The NFBCO room rate is $89 a night.  There is no limit on room occupancy.  Reservations MUST be made by Tuesday, September 22.

To reserve your room by phone call:  (866) 299-4602 or call the hotel directly at (719) 955-5600 extension 409 and mention that you are with the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado.

To reserve your room online use the following link:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/C/COSCSHF-NFB15-20151029/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Pre-registration fees:  BEFORE October 19
$20 registration
$20 Friday luncheon
$20 Saturday luncheon
$35 Saturday banquet
Total:  $95.00

Registration fees AFTER October 19
$25 registration
$25 Friday luncheon
$25 Saturday luncheon
$40 Saturday banquet
Total:  120.00 (Save $25.00 and pre-register!)

Check your email, our Web site at www.nfbco.org<http://www.nfbco.org/>  or contact Lisa Bonderson at lkb at labarrelaw.com<mailto:lkb at labarrelaw.com> for more information about convention registration.

FOR MORE CONVENTION INFORMATION CONTACT:
Scott C. LaBarre, President
Phone: (303) 504-5979
slabarre at labarrelaw.com<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>

AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT OUR AMAZING COLORADO RAFFLE
Cash Prizes Totaling $4,000!
1st Prize: $2,500
2nd Prize: $1,000
3rd Prize: $500

To purchase raffle tickets: CLICK HERE <http://www.nfbco.org/amazing-colorado-raffle>

The 2015 drawing will be held on October 31, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. at the Antlers Hilton Colorado Springs located at 4 S. Cascade Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.

This raffle is registered with the Colorado Secretary of State
and fully complies with all state regulations.
NFBCO Raffle License NO. 2015- 09551.