[Colorado-talk] Contact Reps on Space Available Promptly

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 00:12:59 UTC 2016

Greetings,

We have an excellent opportunity to get our Space Available bill
incorporated into the National Defense Authorization Act, and that
will give it a better chance of passing this year.  This action will
occur in the House Armed Services Committee, and Colorado has two
members of that committee.

Below I've pasted the e-mail sent this week by Rose Sloan of the
National Center.  Below that you will find the respective names and
e-mail addresses of the Representatives' Legislative Aides we need to
contact this weekend, along with a sample letter for each you can copy
and paste into your e-mail.  Be sure to include your full name and
address, as this gives greater credibility to your request.

Please take a minute to do this.  The more recommendations from
committee members the more likely Space Available will be included
into the NDAA.
Best,
Dan

****

Dear Legislative Directors:
Because of your advocacy, we have made significant progress on our
Space Available legislation, H.R. 2264. Over the next few days, the
House Armed Services Committee will be finalizing the National Defense
Authorization Act (NDAA), and we have an opportunity to get our bill
included in this larger legislative package. March 1 is the deadline
for members of the committee to submit recommendations for the NDAA. I
have contacted every member of the House Armed Services Committee to
urge them to please recommend that H.R. 2264 be incorporated into the
base NDAA bill.
As you know, the Space Available language was incorporated into
previous versions of the NDAA as an amendment in the House, but the
language was ultimately dropped when the House and Senate versions
were reconciled. To give H.R. 2264 the best chance of passing this
year, language must be incorporated into the base NDAA bill.
Below, please find a list of the members of the House Armed Services
Committee. If your state is listed, any follow up you and your
affiliate members can conduct over the next five days would be greatly
appreciated. I have emailed the listed staff person and encourage you
to do the same. If calling your members of Congress is more
convenient, the Capitol switchboard phone number is (202) 224-3121.
Remember, March 1 is the deadline.
Thanks for all that you do!
Best,
Rose

****

CO-5
Lamborn
Samuel Fletcher
sam.fletcher at mail.house.gov

Dear Mr. Fletcher:

As a Coloradan and member of the National Federation of the Blind, I
am writing to urge Rep. Lamborn recommend that H.R. 2264 be
incorporated into the the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) by
March 1.  The Space Available bill would give veterans with
100-percent service-connected disabilities the right to use military
transport.  Our 100-percent disabled veterans have certainly earned
this privilege.

Thanks to the Congressman for his prompt action.

Best regards,

Your Name
Your Address

****

CO-6
Coffman
Michael Beckhart
michael.beckhart at mail.house.gov

Dear Mr. Beckhart:

As a Coloradan and member of the National Federation of the Blind, I
am writing to urge Rep. Coffman recommend that H.R. 2264 be