[Colorado-talk] 2016 State Day at the Capitol

Lisa Bonderson lbonderson at cocenter.org
Wed Jan 6 23:43:17 UTC 2016

Happy New Year!

This is a reminder that we will be conducting our state day at the capitol on Thursday, January 14.  We will begin at 8am with a briefing and should have all appointments concluded by around noon.  We Will be meeting in the Old Supreme Court Chambers which is located on the second floor of the capitol.

We will be concentrating on three issues.  First we will once again seek funding for NFB Newsline in Colorado.  Second, we will support a bill that came out of the Interim Study Committee which expands the Business Enterprise Program for blind vendors in our state.  Third and also from the Interim Study Committee, we will support a bill that would introduce tax credits to employers who hire blind individuals or who purchase assistive technology or other accommodations for blind employees.

We encourage you to contact your senators and representatives to set up an appointment ahead of time.  If you need help, identifying your elected officials, please contact my office.  I look forward to seeing everyone on the 14th.

Sincerely,

Scott LaBarre
303-504-5979
slabarre at labarrelaw.com<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>