[Colorado-talk] Denver Chapter Picnic Saturday!

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:52:34 UTC 2016

The Bouncy House Is Back!

The NFB of Denver's Annual Picnic is this Saturday, July 23!  And yes,
the bouncy house is back by popular demand!

We'll have a chapter meeting from 10 to 11 a.m., and then the picnic
begins.  We'll have the bouncy house from 11 to 2 p.m. as well as
other games and food.  The Chapter will provide burgers and dogs, the
CCB Student Association will provide the drinks, and you are
encouraged to bring other items to go with these.

Also, the Denver Chapter collects nonperishable food items which we
donate to ARC for distribution to needy individuals.  Bring cans or
other items and leave them in the collection bin.

This year, we are also collecting school supplies to give to Jane's
Resource Center, who will in turn distribute them to needy kids.  So
bring notebooks, pens and pencils, crayons or whatever you'd like to
contribute!

The Amazing Colorado  Raffle is underway with $4000 in total cash
prizes.  Once again, the chapter or division who sell the most will
win cash... Denver is the reigning chapmion, so be ready to take some
tickets to sell and to buy some tickets!  The funds support our
Colorado scholarship program and BELL Camps.

One more thing. For the second year, the national Federation of the
blind of Colorado Denver Chapter will be participating in the annual
Macy's shop for a cause fundraiser.
>From now until August 27 we will be selling a $5.00 shopping pass that
is good in any Macy's store from August 26 to August 28, 2016. This
exclusive shopping pass will entitle you to savings of 25% on a wide
selection of regular sale and clearance price merchandise. For those
of you who are interested in electronics or big ticket items the pass
offers a 10% savings.
Macy's is very generous as all nonprofit organization's get to keep
100% of the proceeds from the sales of the shopping passes. The NFBCO
Denver chapter uses all of our funds to strengthen our blind community
and help to ensure that blind people live the lives they want.  So
keep a five-spot just for one of these Macy's passes!

See you on Saturday!

Dan Burke, President
NFB of Denver