[Colorado-talk] Chapter meeting, Hurricane Relief and Blackhawk trip this Saturday!

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 17:39:45 UTC 2017

Greetings all!

Our Denver Chapter meeting is this Saturday, September 16 that 10 AM
at the Colorado Center for the Blind.

We'll be serving breakfast sandwiches before and at the start of the
meeting. No lunch this month, because those who are planning to go on
our Blackhawk trip after the meeting will be leaving no later than
12:15 PM.

There are still one or two openings for the Blackhawk trip, but you
must contact me or another Board member ASAP. Cost is $15 for the
transportation, paid in advance.

Shauna Jatho from Vanda Pharmaceuticals will present to us at 10:15
about Non-24, a sleep disorder affecting many blind people.

The after-effects of Hurricanes Harvey in Texas and Irma in Florida
are on everyone's mind this month. The NFB has set up a relief drive
to assist blind folks affected by these natural disasters. The Denver
Board voted in its meeting last week to contribute $300 from our
treasury. But as President Riccobono justly points out, we shouldn't
just give from our existing funds because Americans across the country
are digging deep to assist victims of these storms.  We in the NFB
should do likewise. So, bring your checkbooks, cash or debit cards and
be ready to contribute through the Denver Chapter.  Helping our blind
family out in times of need is what we're all about in the NFB.

Finally, we'll talk about making phone calls to our Congressional
delegation to get their support for our National Legislative
Priorities.

See you Saturday!

Dan

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"